any chance of another casting clave this winter??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: any chance of another casting clave this winter???

tomd
11-30-2001, 07:28 AM
Juro, are there any plans for a repeat this year??? I missed the last one. I'll get Ed to bring a dozen or so Powells

juro
11-30-2001, 08:30 AM
Yes, we are definitely doing it again. The cost of the gymnasium was ~500 so we will need to get commitments from enough people to book it. It was hard to beat but if anyone knows of other options we will consider it.

The more people come, the cheaper it gets. I will ask Capt. Todd to come give lessons again. This time I will bring at least four tying tables as well.

Tom - it would be awesome if you could arrange for a 'demo day' to coincide.

All - feel free to make suggestions for the agenda in this thread.

mayflyman
11-30-2001, 11:01 AM
What do you mean by the term, "CLAVE"?
Does it mean club?
Outing or event?
Adventure?
Meeting?
I seen it used over the course of my being here on this forum, but I can't seem to grasp it's application.
Could you please clear it up for me?
Thanks.
mayflyman

Tod D
11-30-2001, 11:16 AM
From Websters:

Main Entry: con·clave
Pronunciation: 'kän-"klAv
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Medieval Latin;Middle French, from Medieval Latin, from Latin, room that can be locked up, from com- + clavis key -- more at CLAVICLE
Date: 1524
1 : a private meeting or secret assembly; especially : a meeting of Roman Catholic cardinals secluded continuously while choosing a pope
2 : a gathering of a group or association
---------------------------
Hmmm... so, if one were to find a group of fly-fishing crazed RC cardinals, they'd be in business...

Roop
11-30-2001, 11:46 AM
I believe Hawkeye was tha last appointed "Pope". ;)

mayflyman
11-30-2001, 12:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)
I have one of those old fashion coal-burning brains.
I'm due for an up-grade. :rolleyes:

BirdFish
11-30-2001, 12:05 PM
Let me know if you liked last years facility and give me some dates and I'll see about booking the place again.
Dave Williams

Adrian
11-30-2001, 12:07 PM
Thats great - last years (this seasons:confused: ) event was great fun and well worth the drive up from Connecticut.

Kudos Dave for finding and arranging this one!

Juro, maybe this time you'll get to play with my spey rods ;)

JimW
11-30-2001, 08:15 PM
Thanks in advance Dave, that place was fantastic. I'm going to attempt to wrap a couple of rods soon, it would be great to be able to cast 'em in the dead of winter.

tomd
12-01-2001, 01:47 AM
please don't schedule it during the last week of Jan- 1st week of Feb... I'll be away and unable to come :D

FishHawk
12-02-2001, 09:33 AM
Had a great time at the last casting clave count me in. Wonder if StripBlue will have any new rods to test out at this next clave. Liked that Winston rod. can't beat the lessons from Capt. Murphy.
FishHawk