Turks & Caicos [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Turks & Caicos

bcasey
11-29-2001, 02:55 PM
Headed down to Turks & Caicos in March, I heard of good bones there. Anybody been there ? I would like to find a guide for flats fishing, any help would be great. Thanks

juro
11-29-2001, 03:55 PM
Oh man are you in for a treat! If I am not mistaken our sponsor Capt. Gil Berke, Outermost Excursions, is quite knowledgable on the topic. His website is outermostexcursions.com or click on the banner ad.

In fact let's consider a Q&A with Gil so we can all get information just in case we are somehow as lucky as you always seem to be! What questions would you like answered? Email them to me if you'd like.

bcasey
11-30-2001, 09:25 AM
Thanks Juro,
Well , you know me. I don't even know all the questions to ask, but, as usual, I just jump in to see how cold the water is.
This is a family vacation, to the Beaches Resort. I don't even know if there are multiple islands, and where the flats are in relation to the resort. A guide would be great for a day. I've been told that there is only one, but my source has yet to recall his name or how to get in touch with him. Also, will I need transportation ? What gear, flies, lines..., The brand of pogy oil, I have already figured out !
We just came up with the idea of the trip, booked it without any research, ( boy, I hope the waters not too cold ) and now I gotta come to some kind of relization of what we've done. These types of trips usually turn out the best for us.
Any info will help, obviously !
Thanks,

tomd
12-02-2001, 09:07 AM
I went there on my honeymoon, without my fly gear(didn't want a quick divorce ;) ) but I remember at least one bonefishing guide boat on the beach looking for buisiness near the (Ramada?) anyhow, there is a reef I dove on about 20 mins out , and the bones were supposed to be about an hour from where I stayed. Tom D

ssully
12-04-2001, 05:15 PM
Brian,

check these out.

http://www.bviwelcome.com/articles/go_fish/

http://www.turksandcaicos.tc/Fishing/index.htm

tight lines

bcasey
12-05-2001, 03:08 PM
Sean,
Thanks for the links. looks good. More opportunities than I thought.
I am a little concerned about all the sites that offer HAND LINE fishing, Man, if my wife finds out thats how they fish, after I've spent all this dough on all this gear, she's gonna hang me.
But, at least I'll go a happy man.
Thanks again

doug
12-11-2001, 07:51 PM
Mr. Casey...
check out www.silverdeep.com

Visited Provo a few years ago. Beautiful beaches, decent diving. Didn't get to fish.
DB

juro
12-11-2001, 11:23 PM
Brian -

Please email me some Q&A, I will be talking with Gil again soon. It will be worth the effort, I assure you!

Juro