Big Native Steelies Showing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Big Native Steelies Showing

NrthFrk16
11-28-2001, 03:37 PM
:) :) Yeah, yeah, I know you folks probally get tired of my reports regarding gear caught fish but hey, it provides good info and opptimisim.

Anyways, a good freind of mine who is guide as in boondoggin' eggs out of a sled guide brought a chrome sea-liced hen of 42 inches with a 19" girth to hand yesterday on the Sky. :eek: :eek:

BTW-The chums have finally made their way into the rivers. Reports coming in the past few days say that the lower Sky is stuffed with chrome chums.

It is excellent news!!!!!!! :)

Doublespey
11-28-2001, 04:49 PM
If anyone's complaining, it sure ain't me!!!

Thanks for the news flash - I love hearing about big natives showing in my home river, 'specially those early returners that show before the (anticipated) Feb 28 closure. DS:D

hasta,

juro
11-28-2001, 05:12 PM
Ryan -

How many times do I have to tell you - no howzer rreports unless I am able to come out and experience it first hand!

Just kidding, I love to hear about chrome sea lice'd 42 inch steelhead, even if that guy had to cheat to catch it ;)

KerryS
11-28-2001, 05:30 PM
Ryan,

Are you sure those were chrome chums? I don't remember seeing any "chrome" chums in the river.

I hate hearing about big steelhead being caught right before the rivers go out of shape. I know this storm is going to punch the rivers before the weekend gets here.

NrthFrk16
11-28-2001, 06:02 PM
Just as long as I can fish tomorrow, I do not care what the Hell the rivers do. Its been about 3 weeks since I've been out. Between school, work and the high waters we've had I havent been able to get out.

I've got tomorrow off and what the Hell might even just skip and head up there first thing in the morning. :)

fredaevans
11-28-2001, 10:49 PM
"16" It's a dirty job but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Stand up and be counted. Report back to us all.

"Rogue Rat"
:>)