orvis wader sale [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: orvis wader sale

marvin
11-27-2001, 11:06 PM
Normally I'd never be shilling for Orvis, but with $98. breathables and free shipping, well........................

Here (http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?dir_id=758&pf_id=J01E5&group_id=777&cat_id=21&cktst=true&subcat_id=5) they are.

juro
11-27-2001, 11:22 PM
AWESOME find! I believe their warranty is 4 year prorated, if it applies. I'll go check out the site, but thanks Marvin - great deal.

Lefty
11-28-2001, 09:11 AM
Last winter, on a tip from Grego, I went to an Orvis blow out sale in an empty store building in Nashua, NH. They had a whole pallet of breathables for $49. They normally go for $120. When I got home I realized they were "Reconditioned". Which probably means, they leaked and someone sent them back. But I'm still happy. I got last season out of them and they're still ticking. I would guess the ones MArvin is telling us about are brandy new and still a great deal.

Lefty

DFix
11-28-2001, 02:37 PM
Our friend Mark F from DC has discovered there are only two sizes left; small and medium. Bummer.

Hawkeye
11-28-2001, 02:46 PM
I have found that these waders leak easily. (Perhaps that has to do with the number of hours I put on them.) They stand behind them though and will ship you a new pair. I couldn't stand to be without them after the second pair started leaking so I just patched them myself and was done with it. The patch held up for most of this season - longer than the waders pre patch held up. I'll just patch 'em again. The weak spot is at the join with the neoprene bootie.

One other flaw I found with these waders is that in current the knee guard "patch" fills up with water and does not drain easily. This makes it so it is like wading with a large water balloon attached to each knee - not so easy.