FYI For The Gear Junkies [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FYI For The Gear Junkies

FredA
11-27-2001, 08:01 PM
Was at the Bear's Den tonight. Scott has deals on Pate and Tibor reels (various models) from the manufacturor(s). Mostly cosmetic blemishes (example Bonefisher with old style lettering). Typically $100+ off. Too rich for my taste (pocketbook).

Tod D
11-28-2001, 12:43 PM
Fred - anything else on sale besides reels? Fly tying "stuff" perhaps? Really like the bucktails BD's gets.

Thanks!

FredA
11-28-2001, 04:14 PM
Tod,
Didn't notice anything. They had some new bucktails in "subdued" colors that looked interesting. Also of interest were the T&T rods which they must have just started carrying.

I only stopped to pick up the dogs prescription food upstairs (Scotts dad is the dogs vet) and managed to walk out of the BD without spending a cent - a first for me I think. But I did drop 60 bucks on the chow. They seem to get me one way or the other.

juro
11-28-2001, 05:14 PM
Hmmm... which colors subdued did they have?

JimW
11-28-2001, 07:58 PM
I was restocking on some tying supplies last weekend and noticed those colors. I guess they are doing hackle and superhair too. The Colors on the bucktails were real nice. The custom dyed superhair has a bit of a sparkle to it, I picked up some of the light green/olive color. Designer deep eels anyone?

DFix
12-11-2001, 04:03 PM
re: BD bucktail colors - pale, lightly colored lavender, blue, seafoam green, that kind of idea - the pastels you'd think of using in Charlies or Gotchas or in some 'poon patterns.

I picked up a seafoam green and some kind of fiber in the same color last week at UFT. If they'd only had marabou to go with the 'tails...

Penguin
12-11-2001, 07:36 PM
Fred...
'Next time you get to the Den...how about picking me up a few cans of that "special" dog chow?! I've heard it's not bad with a dab of spicey hot barbque sauce and elbow macaroni with some american cheese melted on top. Very subtle with a taste that's not overwhelming ('hope I can say the same for my breath).
Chasing cars, cats...ah, the retired life...'Can't wait! On the edge!
'Will fish/scavenge for food!