Fly Fishing Forum banner

Trip Report Eleuthera 3/7-3/13

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Vince 
#1 ·
Great weather. Hot, light to medium breeze.

This was a unique trip because I forgot my gear sling with both of my best fly boxes with all of my Charlies, Gotcha's, and Clousers, etc... Basically all of my bonefish flies.

The only flies I had in my flyrod case where for tarpon, barracuda and some crabs. One of the crabs was like a sort of like a puff with sili legs. That was the only fly I used.

Off to Bert's for the Best in Tarpum Bay to buy a childrens back pack for $12.00 for my gear. I had spare nippers, hemostats, leader and 8# tippet. All set for 5-6 days of fishing.

The unique part was fishing with one type of fly the entire week. I hooked up early at Savannah Sound with decent schoolie sized bones. Took some on my beach in N. Palmetto and even tried a new spot, Twin Coves, and was rewarded. Not to mention to the south of Tippy's. Beautiful waves. Between Twin Cove and south of Tippy's I felt like leaving the rod on the beacn and just swimming. Awesome conditions.

An overall nice trip and an interesting tactic using just one fly.

Marty

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.