Have a good Thanksgiving guys! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Have a good Thanksgiving guys!

Lefty
11-21-2001, 09:17 PM
To my friends on the water, a heartfelt happy Thanksgiving.

Terry Weir

Just took these babies out of the oven, smells great! I ought to bring these to a clave some time.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/tjweir/Pies1.jpg

striblue
11-21-2001, 10:42 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

NrthFrk16
11-22-2001, 01:37 AM
I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving, a day off from work and a day off from school, which would be a first in weeks!!

So what was I going to do?? Go fishing ofcourse!! Fresh winter-runs are moving in daily and with the water dropping into perfect shape, I was stoked for some time on the water. Eventhough I am young and dont have years of experience to compare what is happening so far this year, this winter-run season is already shaping up to be an excellent one. I have never seen or heard of so many winter-runs caught so early in the season. It seems that everyone and their brother are bringing chrome fat hatchery winter-runs.

Anyways, I got off on a tangent, sorry. The Kabash was put on my fishing plans as my mother (cant wait to move out!!) ordered me to vacum and clean and help get the house ready for the stampede of family members. Normally that would be my sister's job but she decided to have a tonsilectomy a couple days ago and is bed ridden. :(

Sorry I needed to rant...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! (even if it is fishless) ;)

MarkDoogue
11-22-2001, 10:21 AM
Here's hoping the food on your table and the drink in your glass are plentiful, and, the company you keep this Thanksgiving rivals the members of this Forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

~Mark

Mylo
11-22-2001, 10:43 AM
Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving for everyone.

Don't forget to toast the Flytalk when you are all clinking crystal later on.

And Terry save me a slice of that pie!:D

have a good one guys,

Mylo

Hawkeye
11-22-2001, 11:00 AM
Awesome looking pie Terry. (insert Homer Simpson sound effect here.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am confident in saying we have many things to be thankful for and one important one is the Forum.

Jimmy
11-22-2001, 12:31 PM
To all my friends, Happy Thanksgiving. I hope this holiday finds you in good health and in the company of good friends and family. May this Thanksgiving be your happiest.

Jimmy

NrthFrk16
11-22-2001, 05:28 PM
http://students.washington.edu/rpetzold/images/pod2.jpg

:)

juro
11-23-2001, 12:51 AM
So, so much to give thanks for!

First of all, thanks to Jimmy for his service at ground zero.

Our most important thoughts tonight were those we extended to our fallen innocents in New York, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. Deepest sympathies for those who had dinner tonight with broken hearts and empty place settings at the table. I can only imagine their pain, may God bless them.

And for those who continue the vigil in Afganistan we thank you for maintaining our ability to clink glasses, roll on the floor with our nieces and nephews, and feel the strength of our union with our loved ones. Your efforts are appreciated by your countrymen who will gladly cover your backs with our own lives if you need us.