Juro and/or Sean [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Juro and/or Sean

NrthFrk16
11-21-2001, 04:08 AM
Stupid question, sorry. Why is the icon near the 'Profile' 'www' buttins in all my posts a leaping fish why everyone elses is the Atlantic Salmon fly?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know stupid question but I cant help but wonder. :confused:

:)

Hawkeye
11-21-2001, 09:42 AM
I believe the leaping fish indicates new or unread threads/posts.

juro
11-21-2001, 10:09 AM
Ryan -

Gregg's correctomundo, it roughly means there are new posts you haven't read if you see FISH ON! I think there are limits and timeouts and all that plays a part but if you've been actively surfing within a given time period and you see the fish when you refresh it means someone has recently posted something in that category.

When you see the fish down there next to your profile I think it means you are a recent poster, or that this is a recent post - I dunno. We'll figure it all out eventually.

ALSO: For those who asked about logging in every time - you can select whether you do or don't in the OPTIONS in the control panel.

Go check it out - you can set your title, image, footer, time zone, automatic login, etc., etc. You can even decide whether you want to look at everyone else's signature images or not :rolleyes:

NrthFrk16
11-21-2001, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess sooner or later one of you will figure it out...

I had pretty much managed to get everything down with this new board except the little fish next to the buttons in my posts.

Anyways I think the as fly and the leaping fish are pretty slick looking. Coolest icons I've ever seen to mark read and unreat forums. :)

Hawkeye
11-21-2001, 12:42 PM
The fish next to your buttons means it is a post you placed as opposed to someone elses post.

NrthFrk16
11-21-2001, 02:28 PM
Got it!! Thats what I was thinking at first so I logged out and cleared all cookies and the fish still came up so I thought then it must be something else. Now I am on a computer at school and there are no fishies. :)