The Itch [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Itch

Lefty
11-20-2001, 03:11 PM
It's been about 3 weeks since I hung it up for the year. Gear put away etc. It's been real cool turning into another person: home with the family, taking care of business, getting out to play some fiddle seisiuns (how do you like that Gaelic word?). But the lustre of being born again is starting to wear off. In the last 24 hours I find myself thinking of my 6 wt. Sage, and a bass pond near my house where an 8 lb Largmouth was caught this year. It's going to be a long winter.
Hey any yous guys sneaking out to Plimoth county for some trout? How's it going?

Lefty

JimW
11-20-2001, 05:09 PM
Terry, I've given it a 1/2 hearted effort. Sunday there were some trout rising and a hatch of big grayish bugs. As you can see I'm no entomologist but I hope to read up on the basics this winter so I'm better prepared in the spring. I tried some small streamers that had worked in the indianhead river on stockies this past spring, no takers. I'm one of those who has started fly fishing in the salt and am working my way into freshwater so I'm basically clueless on fly fishing for trout. The powerbait crew got a couple. I think I will try one of the ponds in Plymouth this Friday afternoon

Where'd that spell checker go?

juro
11-20-2001, 06:50 PM
I am thinking of breaking out the Spey rods and heading over to fish for some of those 20# brood stockers in the CT river system. Not that I would beat my chest over catching a brood fish or anything but I would love to find a venue that gets me casting the two-hander for a full day with the possibility of a real big tug and a cartwheeling, drag-burning salmon.

DFix
11-21-2001, 08:02 AM
They teach cart-wheeling and drag-burning at hatcheries ???:D :rolleyes: :D