Striper board quiet... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Striper board quiet...

juro
11-19-2001, 12:31 PM
That's a new twist! :D

Hasn't been a post since o'dark thirty and that came from our friends in Seattle!

I recall people were thinking of hitting CT last weekend... any reports?

ronl
11-19-2001, 01:50 PM
Besides getting old and having hands that get quite numb in 40* air temps without any wind the fish have just left except for the holdovers here in Prov., RI. Any time it gets warm the winds are relentless- I don't look good in a clouser earring.

Penguin
11-19-2001, 02:09 PM
After getting up at 0430 and collecting an eyefull of meteorites, it occurred to me that my hands and feet were quite cold and extra layers were in order before departing AreaSixtyOne for the short drive to the jetty at Seagull Beach. A rather sterile outgoing tide...I came up empty...Definitely not a Striblue wet wader kinda' day!

How 'bout those Pats?!

Quentin
11-19-2001, 02:55 PM
I've been down to CT a couple of times catching schoolies and shad. Plenty to be caught if you just want to have some fun and aren't concerned about trying for big ones.

Adrian
11-19-2001, 02:58 PM
I was planning on a trip down to Gulf Beach to harass the Hickory Shad this past week-end but chasing the little white ball took precedence. Sunday was my planned day and it turned out to be cooler and windier than expected. I guess thats it for me this year since work has me travelling out to the windy city for the next 5 weeks which cuts into week-ends.

My next job is sorting out the fly-tying gear and getting ready for the up-coming swap season. :)

FishHawk
11-19-2001, 03:59 PM
What do you think fo the new software? I am getting ready for the holidays and the get together .
Fishing is over for me nw must do the Honeydew stuff. Have a happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for this board and the great group of people on it. FishHawk

Tod D
11-20-2001, 08:58 AM
I'll be in CT from Wed night on for the holiday. Hitting the Farmington R Friday for some "Black Friday" trout fishing, then perhaps stringing up the 9# for some stripers down near Old Saybrook.

May prove to be a shock to the system: size 20-24 BWOs on 8x w/ a 5#, followed by a big chuck & duck pogie pattern.