Do you like the new board? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Do you like the new board?

juro
11-18-2001, 09:25 PM
Vote on the new board software

NrthFrk16
11-19-2001, 12:25 AM
Juro-
Looks great!! Liking the new codes and the added options.

I saw differnt skins avaliable but they all seemed to be the same...is that something you are still working on??

Now we just need to get you to publish Living Large Part III. ;)

I'm going to miss the devil smilie though... :(

saltRon
11-19-2001, 12:45 AM
Juro ----Solved all my problems of navigating in the Forum and it looks really good.
saltRon

artb
11-19-2001, 06:39 AM
I find it is running on my computer very slow(pentium lll ) takes 4 minutes for the opening page. Top left corner small box has a square with an x flytalk lll. It use to be simple, now very difficult for me. I am hurting too much to play around.

Jimmy
11-19-2001, 09:01 AM
What happened!?!? I took a few weeks for a mental health break and I find a new look to my 2nd favorite place. (the light being #1). I'm sure that this took a great deal of time and effort. My hat's off to those responsible.

Jimmy

Lefty
11-19-2001, 09:07 AM
No, put back the old one! Just kidding. New bells and whistles are always fun to play with. IT will take a little time but it looks great so far. Thanks for the effort Juro.

Lefty

Hawkeye
11-19-2001, 09:34 AM
I like the look and it seems the new options will be fun to play with. It was a little slow this morning but that could easily be my connection.

In short ... yeah I like it.

juro
11-19-2001, 09:36 AM
Just wanted to mention that the old company behind the old board vanished in the dotcom disappearing act. Not only was this SW acceptable, it was the only path to keeping all 20,000 posts.

The choice was easy - there was none! ;-)

BTW - the devilish smilie will be restored as soon as the other 10,000 priority things get done.

striblue
11-19-2001, 10:05 AM
Juro.. looks good to me.. It's the board itself more than the bells and whistles that are important to me anyway.

Lefty
11-19-2001, 11:37 AM
Hey the post count got flipped so that Mr. Morin has more posts than me! First it's bigger fish, now it's more posts. :p

juro
11-19-2001, 11:44 AM
Terry -

It separated the posts you had under TerryW from Lefty, but I might be able to combine the posts somehow to up your count. In the old system there was a username and a nickname. If you kept the username the same you could have several nicknames and it knew who you were.

In the new system a user is a user is a user, but frankly I am thankful that there was some way to keep all the posts and have a real company behind the technology too! :p

FredA
11-19-2001, 12:03 PM
Looks good. Of course, the content is what counts. Based on Art B's comments I'm concerned how it will run on my clunker at home.

Fred A.

Mylo
11-19-2001, 12:09 PM
Hey Juro,

like the others I look forward to playing with the bells and whistles. Now which one of these buttons will help catch more fish....:D

Mylo

juro
11-19-2001, 12:12 PM
It screams for me. I am concerned about Art's issues though.

Anyone else have observations about the speed?

John Desjardins
11-19-2001, 01:02 PM
Juro, overall it looks good. I did see the X'd out graphic Art noticed last night, but figured it was just a problem with the link, since its up now.

At home last night, a 28.8 k connection at best:mad:, the speed was at least comparable to the prior board.

juro
11-19-2001, 01:29 PM
Once we figure out how to use the calendar, I think it will be very useful to post events on it.

Right now there are lots of things to deal with ahead of it but we'll get there...

Lefty
11-19-2001, 01:41 PM
O posted Thanksgivin gon the calendar but I think it's only a "Private" event. Can anyone else see it?

Lefty

juro
11-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Nope, can't see it. We will eventually figure out how to use it for groups, public, etc. I think there is some online doc if you want to educate us all on it? Right now still fighting lots of other fires.

ALSO: I really like the little arrowhead icon that takes you to the most recent post!

NrthFrk16
11-19-2001, 02:34 PM
I noticed it flys for me!!!

With the old board, many time I would have to hit refresh to get it to load because an error message would come up. That has not happened yet with the new board.

Willie Gunn
11-19-2001, 02:49 PM
Yes it's good even from over here. Speed seems good and it recognises me si I'm happy.

Adrian
11-19-2001, 03:03 PM
Juro

Awesome job mate! Loads of new stuff to try out and play with over the coming weeks.

marvin
11-19-2001, 03:11 PM
This is WAAAAYYYYYYY faster than the old board- at least from work! I'm really curious as to how it'll do at home......