Ah...What the Hell! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ah...What the Hell!

FredA
11-16-2001, 12:31 PM
Need to go down the Cape to clean gutters and rake on Sunday. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that fishin was over until spring. Tides look good for a try at the mouth of the Bass River so I think I'll give it a shot for a couple of hours Sunday AM. Can't wait to see the expression on my wife's face when I put the gear in the car tommorow. It'll be a look that could kill.

Fred A.

Roop
11-16-2001, 12:54 PM
Fred,

Welcome back, hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Don't forget them thar trout!!

Good luck!

Bob Pink
11-16-2001, 12:57 PM
Fish on the beach @ Nauset this AM, might be too windy for the flyrod on Saturday but......

juro
11-16-2001, 02:08 PM
Spoke with Captn Bruce (Capeshores Charters) - still running charters, getting huge cod and a few big bass but very deep. They are also hanging with the herring several miles out.

I've caught them Nov 11th at Bass Hole / Chapin, they hang in the estuary a little longer there like Scorton's down the road but without the uninitiated company you often find over there. You might not be bothered 4x4 out there this time of year, but you can make the reasonable hike from Chapin's lot. The Yarmouth side is no good - the bank is too hard to walk on to reach good water. Dropping high tide casting into the hole across from the Yarmouth boat ramp has been the best approach when the fish are hanging around up Chase Garden Creek.

If you hit Bass try the dark bottom estuary park at the rotary by the bridge and walk down casting toward the docks, then toward the moorings, down to the big cove, etc. This spot holds fish over right thru the winter.

The high grassy banks up North Road on the Herring River in Harwich hold fish late into November, thru the winter, and very early in spring (April). They move up and down but like the bigger basin areas when the weather cools.

Don't forget about Sesuit Harbor, fish the channel between the two jetties from the mussel flats and the sandy bank where it's at it's narrowest when the tide is moving, preferably dropping because a flood pushes the fish up into the marsh.

These are just a few of the holdover spots within striking range, good luck!

striblue
11-16-2001, 05:08 PM
Fred... what the hell is right...if your down there anyway you might as well give it a try.. besides you get casting practice anyway.