Pay the piper time-Honeydo lists are the catch of the day [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Pay the piper time-Honeydo lists are the catch of the day

Lefty
11-13-2001, 09:21 AM
Ok you striper hounds. The season is over and it's time to pay up! Just wondering what interesting "projects" she's got us doing now that we get our heads srewed on tight again.
Me? I'm cutting and hanging 6 panel pine doors and doing some painting.
TOP SECRET:(sshhh....the trick is- they haven't figured out that we don't have to do yard work anymore so it's a net wash). What's your project for the winter months?

Lefty

grego
11-13-2001, 09:34 AM
This weekend I finished Winterizing the Boat & Made a Second Pass at Leave Trolling! I also started planning a Tiling Job; works out to 240 sqft Area for the Kitchen/Dining area, Big Fun! I also plan on building some built in shelves in the Den down stairs; this will of course include a Drop Front Desk with storage to become a Tying workstation.

striblue
11-13-2001, 09:52 AM
Tie every one of Browns Bonefish Patterns from his book. One of each for a display for CAC. Make double for a potential trip. Work around the house...maybe...keep an eye on Terry... definitely.

juro
11-13-2001, 10:00 AM
How do I shut down this thread for viewing only by husbands?
}>

John Desjardins
11-13-2001, 10:06 AM
H'mm lets see. The honey does the leaves since she told me to return the leaf blower I bought. I'm almost done with building covers for steam radiators. The fly tying station is 3/4 done (boy was the honey glad to see the materials leave the family room).
I have to finish building a storage chest, and a bureau.
After that on the list are redoing the stair rail and closing in a storage area. These will be a pain because they have to be removable to allow moving large items up the stairs. The final item on the list is splitting two rooms into three to create another bedroom.

I'll be lucky to be fishing by June.

Adrian
11-13-2001, 10:39 AM
I for one am not quite ready to pay up just yet - leastwise not in that way! My strategy is to be there with my checkbook when the wife decides that a job needs doing. ;)

My project this winter is to set up the spare bedroom as an angling "holy of holys" with all my fly tying gear and equipment organized, pics on the walls etc. Then get down to some serious tying rather than the "just in time" approach this season.

Dble Haul
11-13-2001, 10:49 AM
My list is huge. My wife and I are closing on a home in Portland, CT at the end of the month and the projects will take off from there. First will be the big move from our apartment on 12/8, and then once we're settled we have:

2 rooms to paint
3 joists to sister in the basement
2 stained glass windows that need reglazing
1 dishwasher to install
6 hot nuetral reverse outlets to change :-0
1 set of garage circuit breakers to convert to GFI
1 chimney to cap

And then, once it warms up a bit again,

1 basement window well to dig out
1 bulkhead to repaint
1 wrought iron gate to repaint
1 driveway to level out
1 carport to seal

Plus numerous small chores such as replacing doorknobs, adjusting window tension screws, etc. The great thing about this is that most of these things can be taken care of during the winter, leaving only a handful for the spring, which means more time to get back to fishing. }> And my wife agrees! She wants more time for fishing!

BTW, our house is just 3 blocks from the Connecticut River, a great fishery during most of the year. Stripers, shad, largemouths, smallmouths, pike, pickeral, walleye, catfish, an occasional salmon........all available, and very close to home.

Can you tell that I'm getting excited? :-)

Mark

John Desjardins
11-13-2001, 12:38 PM
Mark, I was in your boat closing on a house 1 1/2 years ago. Its exciting, but don't be surprised if you aren't on schedule with the repairs. Oh, if you place a GFI plug as the first outlet after the breaker and wire it correctly all the outlets are protected. It's ~1/4 the cost of a GFI circuit breaker. I'm not an electrician so this is based on the info sheet supplied with the GFI outlet.

Tod D
11-13-2001, 01:00 PM
Mark - Are you sure you didn't pick up my list by mistake? By and large, your's is darn close to mine.

Prelim list as of last night:
Finish toy train table for boys in time for Christmas;
Paint 4 bedrooms;
Install beadboard wainscoting in mbr;
Replace stairway bannisters;
Complete built-in bookcases for family room;
Re-install chimney cap;
Build shelves in 2 walk in closets;
(Pay someone to) install 3 additional hall elec outlets;
Come Jan, burn lots of brush;
Tie 15 dozen flies - end up fishing 4 of them;
Attend any and all area fly shows; and
Re-read Tabory, Mitchell, Caolo & count down days till April 15.

Nice area, Portland. My in-laws live just across from you, in Higganum. Beautiful area; lots of good fishing. Hope to get down a few times prior to Christmas to do some brood stock salmon fishing on the Shettucket w/ my brother-in-law. Drop me a line sometime & maybe we can connect.

Tod

Bob Pink
11-13-2001, 10:24 PM
Here's my project list;
Refinance house (triggers ability to begin many of the following projects )
New fixtures, walls & floor in half bath on first floor
New cabinet(s) counter lighting and floor in pantry
New floor in kitchen
Repaint kitchen
Begin replacement of the 32 windows in my house that are 85 years old
Rebuild column from front porch
Build new ceiling rack in basement for rod storage
Remove and refinish 85 yr old front door
Get contractor to repaint house's wood exterior trim
Set up DSL or other high speed account access and home 'network'
Add shelves for youngest daughter's bedroom

Heck, I'm tired just thinking about it!

ssully
11-13-2001, 10:29 PM
Build an 8wt. 4pc.

Bob, give me a blast if you want help with the network.

FishHawk
11-14-2001, 05:44 AM
Do whatever the boss wants around the house ans organize the flytying room.
FishHawk

Dble Haul
11-14-2001, 10:55 AM
John- Thanks for the tip regarding the GFI. I'll keep it in mind. Good luck with your projects.

Tod- I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be fishing again until spring. If you'd like to hook up at some point, that sounds great to me. I'll let you know my availability when the time comes via private message. Feel free to do the same. And good luck with your projects.

Mark

Lefty
11-14-2001, 12:18 PM
FishHawk (11-14-2001 05:44 a.m.):
Do whatever the boss wants around the house ...
FishHawk

Rule # 47B subparagraph C: Never give her an open ended list. :)

You guys kill me. Talk about enthusiasm. I tell ya, condos look better every day! I'd be afraid of the wives seeing this thread and you're caught NOT putting up a hefty list!

Lefty

Fred Evans
11-14-2001, 12:38 PM
Joan, oh Joan .... You're right that does need doing this winter. But I suspect that it would be best handled by a "professional" who knows his stuff. Better to pay once than have to 'redo??' Blank puppy gaze .... "how does dinner out tonight sound?"

Divert, divert and divert. A takeoff of the Realtor's 'location, location, location.'

fe

MarkDoogue
11-20-2001, 04:25 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=75611&a=13506370&p=56595439

juro
11-20-2001, 05:31 PM
I NEED ONE!!