Weekend Weather Dicey [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekend Weather Dicey

Lefty
08-31-2001, 09:57 AM
Look what's bearing down on the whole eastern seaboard. Yuk.

http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/UnitedStates/Radar/

Watching closely and hoping the boomer cells pass by dawn, the rest is just rain. Good luck.
I guess a few of us might end up in the pub slurping chowda. Hey good fishcakes and beans at the Claddaugh Rte 28 in W. Harwich (4:00 pm Sat. trad. Irish seisiun too, tis a fine pub)

Lefty

striblue
08-31-2001, 10:46 AM
Terry.. don't be such a poop head ;-)

Lefty
08-31-2001, 10:54 AM
John: At least you have a couple of cubans to enjoy while you gaze out the window at the downpour... 8)

Lefty

JimW
08-31-2001, 11:43 AM
The only window I'll be gazing out is my windsheild as I drive to Chatham. The weather might effect sight fishing but short of 25+knots of wind or Lightning I'll be at the light.

grego
08-31-2001, 12:07 PM
JimW, AttA' Boy!

penguin
08-31-2001, 01:25 PM
The Westover weather guru has assured me that this weekend will be static discharge free...a frontal passage in the Saturday small hours and then it will be cool and acceptable for outdoor activities...Chatham...showers in the morning and then clearing. Fish on!

grego
08-31-2001, 01:43 PM
IT'S NOT THE RAIN THAT'S GOING TO BE A PROBLEM ON SAT; IT'S THE WIND!

COASTAL WATERS FROM PROVINCETOWN MA TO CHATHAM MA TO NANTUCKET
MA OUT 20 NM-NANTUCKET SOUND-
VINEYARD SOUND-
1148 AM EDT FRI AUG 31 2001

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY TODAY

THIS AFTERNOON
S WIND INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KTS...HIGHEST WINDS
NEAR SHORE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. VSBY NEAR 3 MILES IN SCATTERED SHOWERS
AND TSTMS.

TONIGHT
SW WIND 15 TO 20 KTS BECOMING W. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. VSBY
OCCASIONALLY NEAR 3 MILES IN SHOWERS OR TSTMS.

SAT
NW WIND 20 TO 25 KTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. VSBY
OCCASIONALLY NEAR 3 MILES IN SHOWERS DURING THE MORNING.

juro
08-31-2001, 01:46 PM
Dawn lows on Brewster flats, Chapin (Bass Hole) - I've done these in similar winds and at least it's at your back. Even though the surface is chopped up you can sight them too.

Just another option...

striblue
08-31-2001, 03:47 PM
Penguin? Pete are you OK. I will start using another Handle too if you keep this up. How about "Condor" or "Krishna Rama". Pete...you pick

SOLO
08-31-2001, 06:31 PM
John...
Penguin...Flightless bird...seemed appropriate...figured I'd put it in front of a sample test group and do a pole...
I'm lookin' at the big weather map and once the front goes by I suspect the winds will be 10-15 outa' the north +/-... I'm going to do a pre-dawn covert Yak attack on the inside...If I'm not at the light house at the appointed hour, I'm somewhere on the inside prospecting in the dark.
'Catch up to you later near you know where...
Coffee at CAC once the dust settles?!