Anyone want to hookup for some river drifting? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone want to hookup for some river drifting?

Philster
08-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Howdy. I've got a single cataraft and was wondering if a couple of others equally outfitted wanted to hook up, set up the ol' car ferry system, and do some drifting. I understand the Skagit has some interesting stuff going on in the early fall like big sea-run cutts, and a good chumbly run. Also interested for winter/spring fishing... Let me know!

KerryS
08-20-2001, 11:16 AM
I'm game. The Skagit is full of humpy now. I would enjoy a float to try for searuns. They are harder to catch with all the humpy around. Send me an email.

juro
08-21-2001, 12:19 PM
I'm tempted to ship my buck's bag bronco out west and store it in a U-store so I can float rivers when I visit. I don't get a lot of use for it since I moved out east, although recently it's been getting more time in some saltwater estuaries.

Anyway, if you guys are going to be around in mid-September I would love to hook up for some fishing. With the rain in the forecast this week I would imagine that the big runs are going to ballistic around the northwest!

KerryS
08-21-2001, 04:56 PM
Hey Juro,

I live here so I'm always around. The slivers will be starting in the Skagit by mid Sept. and cutts are in now. If you want to float the Skagit send me an email and I will send a reply. Also, "Jetsled" might be lurking around out there. We might be able to talk him into a sled ride ;D .

KLS

jetsled
08-25-2001, 03:56 AM
Jetsled has returned and is indeed lurking about the Skagit. I am always up for some cutthraoat fishing. Let me know if you want to go, I have Monday through wednesday off every week

roballen
08-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Juro If you ever find yourself down in the southern part of Washington in the fall we have some wonderful opportunities. Just give a shout if you will be around