Rip Trip this weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip this weekend?

striblue
08-22-2001, 05:27 PM
Just doing some prospecting... tides are right... the season is getting late... Can we come up with Ten people who would do a rip trip this Saturday or Sunday?

juro
08-22-2001, 05:31 PM
If I can get the day pass from my better half, I will do it with my son. Unconfirmed at this point but I will put it on the list of probables for the weekend.

BTW - many are paid up for a trip, maybe you guys should use your fare before it gets too late. PS - thank you to those who have donated their rip trip fares, the slide scanner is just about a sure thing now.

FishHawk
08-23-2001, 05:23 AM
I am in hope it happens . Here is the chance to fish with the Iron Man . I'll see if Dick is free. So now we have 4 and counting.
FishHawk

striblue
08-23-2001, 12:45 PM
What? no takers besides 4. Today is Thursday... we can't get 6 more people?

juro
08-23-2001, 12:49 PM
John -

I am having a post-boneclave obligations dillema. I am gonna have to be listed as doubtful for this weekend unless I can justify it as a family outing with my son. Still working on it, I will post status later.

Although the tides are perfect and there are probably some hardtails busting in that rip, some of us took days off this week and I would guess that it's influencing the scheduling of another outing(?) Many have already prepaid for the trip so I think it's timing.

JimW
08-23-2001, 02:03 PM
I'd love to but cannot get away for the whole day. Just coming off the Boneclave so it's time to flip back into dad/hubby mode for me.

striblue
08-23-2001, 03:33 PM
OK... understood.. believe me... I thought the Bone clave might effect this weekend... I was shooting more for those who did not make the Bone Clave as well.. No problem... I will be at the Light house Saturday AM anyway.... we'll see what develops by tomorrow night.

FredA
08-23-2001, 05:22 PM
Saturday is out for me. Sunday is a possibility if you need someone to fill out the roster.

Fred A.

DFix
08-23-2001, 10:53 PM
John, I'd love to take the offer, but tomorrow is the knee op3eration. Hope there's some action of some kind left down there in the ending weeks of September.

juro
08-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Best of luck with the knee, hope to see you on a healthy death march this fall. If not I am sure John will give you a piggy back ride, with his barefoot stride on the sand you'd do much better than the trudging gait I'd have to offer. ;)

Better yet, look me up and we'll give my oversand permit some more 'exercise' out on Nauset as soon as you will be able to walk from the truck to the surf and handle the big waves without troubles.

striblue
08-24-2001, 09:29 AM
Dave, I hope all goes well.. I will give a call.. I e-mailed you at your other address.. not work.

Jimmy
08-24-2001, 10:15 AM
I would love to join you this weekend but it's back to work as of today.:(

DFix, I hope all goes well with the knee. I'll be in touch.

Jimmy