Plymouth 8/30 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth 8/30

JimW
08-30-2001, 07:41 AM
I got out there early this morning sacrificing sleep for fishing. Paddling out of the harbor at pre dawn I rounded the jetty. Only the occasional ripple from lobster boats passing through the distant channel interuptted the Glassy calm of the water. Things were looking good for surface activity. As the sun rose over the barrier beach I saw the birds begin to search for bait, they found it. Most of the activity was out off the end of the beach toward the bug light where party boats threw up big wakes. I did not venture into the rougher water but found some very subtle surface activity on the edge of one of the flats. The fish were just sipping at the top of the water like trout. I didn't catch a thing but it was sure a nice morning out there. Oh to have a real boat.

juro
08-31-2001, 06:34 AM
Sounds like a great morning just the same, one we all probably read from behind a desk. A real boat would get you into the big water but you may not have taken the morning if you had to gas up, launch, etc.

Hmmm.... then again you might have taken the whole day! ;-)

I've got three to push thru college and then maybe my financial manager and better half will allow me to go that route. I am hoping for an aluminum 16 ft'er to tide me over till then, something to drag onto the flats, etc.