Let's all extend a hand to visitors this weekend... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Let's all extend a hand to visitors this weekend...

juro
08-28-2001, 12:21 AM
It appears we will have visitors from Maine, Calgary, etc - down on our Cape Cod stomping grounds during the holiday weekend. Chris and his son who is recovering nicely, Pete from the Canadian rockies, and probably a lot of other kindred faces from afar who share our passion for fly fishing.

Let's all extend our hospitality to our guests this weekend, I am certain that any investments in our good will be have returns ten-fold down the line.

Right now it's looking good for me to be on Cape this weekend with extended family. I will have family obligations to schedule in but mornings and ideal tides should be well within the realm.

First order of business, camping for Chris and son:

Chris, there is walk-in camping at Nickerson State Park even when the reservation system is full, and a place up the road on 6A (I will get the name tomorrow) where the commute is not bad and they usually have a spot open. I believe Scusset (where they are now) is up by the end end canal. We can do better than that! If anyone knows of a better place to refer closer to Chatham please post here.

Second order of business:

Pete needs a stripping basket - I've got that covered.

Looking forward to it!

shorebird
08-28-2001, 01:04 AM
Hi Juro,
Re: advice about camping on the Cape:
Nickerson State Park is my first choice for camping near Chatham also, but Paines is good too.
http://www.campingcapecod.com/

JimW
08-28-2001, 10:53 AM
Here's a good link.
http://www.capecodoutdoors.com/camping.html

I've stayed at Shady knoll and Sweetwater, both are right on 6A. I think both have an overflow/safari lot.

Chris
08-28-2001, 12:21 PM
I tried booking on-line and as near as I can tell they all use the same program for reservations and the nearest I could come that had on line reservation capability was scussett. I'll cancel those reservations if you all this I can get Nickerson on a walk-in basis. There may be other places but aren't in the on-line systems that I accessed. ???

Eddie
08-28-2001, 10:30 PM
I'm a guy from Maine who will be on the Cape Labor Day. Can I tag along? Pleeeease...

juro
08-28-2001, 10:36 PM
Eddie (08-28-2001 11:30 p.m.):
I'm a guy from Maine who will be on the Cape Labor Day. Can I tag along? Pleeeease...

Haha very funny Eddie!

You'd better hang out with us if you're going to be down the cape! I'd be offended otherwise ;) I understand you are there from the 2nd, I am moving on the 3rd so are you getting there early enough on the 2nd to get out to chase some feeesh with us?

Let me know,
Juro

juro
08-30-2001, 06:30 PM
Chris (08-28-2001 01:21 p.m.):
I tried booking on-line and as near as I can tell they all use the same program for reservations and the nearest I could come that had on line reservation capability was scussett. I'll cancel those reservations if you all this I can get Nickerson on a walk-in basis. There may be other places but aren't in the on-line systems that I accessed. ???

Chris -

Check your email!

Juro