Food for thought [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Food for thought

FishHawk
08-31-2001, 05:56 AM
What if we all got together after the season at some restruant in Boston to swap fish stories and have a few drinks? Let's think about it. Might be a fun night.
FishHawk

juro
08-31-2001, 07:25 AM
That sounds GREAT!

After a many years of year 'round fishing one of the hardest parts has been letting go of the fishing season each year. Such a get together would be just the right medicine. Of course I hope we tie, and cast indoors this winter too. But a nice dinner downtown once it's too cold to fish... that sounds fantastic Fishhawk!

striblue
08-31-2001, 08:55 AM
Why not... sounds like a great idea.

Eddie
08-31-2001, 09:58 AM
I know a great resturant in Portland.

penguin
08-31-2001, 10:06 AM
I know a great place in North Hampton, MA...
OOPS Sorry, that's outside the beltway in the western outback of Siberia where Bostonians seldom venture...

JeffSod
08-31-2001, 10:19 AM
And anyone interested in getting into a new off season
(winter) obsession should contact me as we, the New England Ice Yacht Association, are always looking for new members/speed junkies. Our season begins around Christmas and ends just before Easter. Have iceboat will travel is our motto :-).

here is our local website:

http://www.concentric.net/~dn4762/index.shtml

Oh and for those interested we usually have an outdoor swap meet and lunchen in the hotel in November at the intersections of rts 90 & 9 in Westborough. Watch the website for news.

Sprocket
08-31-2001, 11:17 AM
portland = Ri-Ra's
N.Hampton = ??
Boston gathering = cool idea
Waltham = easy highweay access for those traveling from N&S of Hub - just a suggestion

MarkDoogue
08-31-2001, 07:02 PM
Ahhh....I can finally be of some use!

I am intimately familiar with most, if not all, managers/owners of the bars and restaurants down town(Faneuil Hall, Financial District, Back Bay, Kenmore Square, Beacon Hill, Theatre District, etc.....). In fact, my clutches have now expanded to Southie, Quincy, Jamaica Plain, and Cambridge.

Name your place and a date and I can arrange it more likely than not.

~Mark

FishHawk
09-01-2001, 05:23 AM
Thanks Mark for your help. This will be a fun event. Should be on a Saturday so that out of towners can attend. Perhaps in late Oct. would be good. Before Thanksgiving. Any other thoughts as to a rough date?This could be an annual event. Is it my impression that this board is starting to grow lots of new members.
FishHawk

bcasey
09-01-2001, 10:53 AM
Hey, hold on a minute, The end of Oct. some of us are still fishin, with a chance to add to the fish tales. I say early Dec. or late Jan. My .02, but you can count me in whenever it happens.

FishHawk
09-04-2001, 06:00 AM
Forgot about the late Oct. fishing good point. Would like to squeeze it in before 01 ends. Feel free to make suggestions as to when we could have this event.
FishHawk