08-29-2001, 12:57 PM
Ok, I have a Family thing Monday, but Sat/Sun is Open.
(1) Fish N. Shore -- Closer to home, less travel, crowds, hassles. Fishing seems to be starting to Pick Up. I'd be shore bound unless I get out with Lefty. Maybe do some Anasquam Scouting?
(2) Chase Exotics South Side and/or B-Bay. Boat is already in Bourne. More travel, crowds, Launches, Yahoos, etc.
(3) Hit Monomoy/Chatham with you BUMS. Haven't been to Monomoy at all this year. Fishing may be great. No boat hassles. BUT, Longest Commute!
Help me make the RIGHT decision!?
BTW: What Day(s) are people taking the Mono Shuttle?
08-29-2001, 01:02 PM
Grego...some tough choices?! Whip me. Beat me. Make me write bad checks. Monomoy...worse things could happen...and besides that, it would be nice to fish with you!
08-29-2001, 01:29 PM
Grego.. I hope you and Lefty re-extend your invite for the north shore this fall... but since you have not been down yet... come on down!... travel at the right time and you will not have traffic issues. If my family is not down you can stay at CAC.
08-29-2001, 01:37 PM
I just got clearance from the control tower to accept an invitaion out with Mr. Hubbard on Sat. (our 3rd attempt this season to get together with 2 rain checks). So I'll be continuing the No. Shore recon out of the Parker with an expert. That being my only day to fish I'm out of the running the other 2 days. Besides, the No. Shore is picking up but not just yet ready. Head south! My .02.
John, your hospitality is 1st rate.
08-29-2001, 05:22 PM
I'm Definately Leaning Towards Option #3. I can hit Chatham Sat. Morning. Then head back to Bourne & maybe Fish B-Bay Sat. Night Or Sun. AM?
SO, WHO'S TAKING THE 8:00 SHUTTLE ON SATURDAY MORNING? ANYONE FISHING THE LIGHT BEFORE?
John, Thanks. I may take you up on your Offer, but it's only about a 45 minute drive from Bourne to the Light.
I am 95% for Sat, not sure if we are heading to South Beach, Nauset, or my favorite North Monomoy flats. Also I think we'll have some support from guys with boats. If so the northwest flats of South Monomoy Island would be available (drool) not to mention the open waters in the area.
With recent reports, Rhody sure sounds enticing... maybe next weekend.
But to answer your question I think dawn at the light is a winner, we can go from there. If we want to pool up for the early bird to Monomoy, then we need to make advance plans with Rip Ryder.
We have a fair number of folks on Cape this weekend, maybe we should try to coordinate plans or at least a gathering at Squires.
08-29-2001, 09:44 PM
What is the gathering time at the lighthouse for Saturday morning?,
If we plan to do Monomoy (All day or close to it event?), I'll need a lift from the Edgewater so that my wifey is not stranded without a car or I can drive the car back or have her drive me there. A more definite plan would help me make arrangements.
PS I am bringing some Cubanoids and Holy Peat Water...for the last cast.
08-29-2001, 11:45 PM
It seems a mob at the light at dawn is a concensus. All in favor sound off. We can sort things out from there, yes. We are coming a fair piece, not Calgary mind you, but it seems a final word on a weigh point to start Saturday is needed. :-D
08-30-2001, 09:30 AM
Juro... I will meet Roop at Larry's PX around 4:30 AM then we will hit the Light... tide perfect for a trek to the outer limits. Low tide means lots of spots. I would love to accompany you to Nauset at some point. Would want to try South Beach again on Saturday... but I think it will be an incoming tide by that time so North Monomoy may be the ticket... unless you are forming a nauset attack that day. I will be on a Shuttle one way or another... All day for me if the familiy is not down... just the morning if they are... will know tomorrow the plans.
08-30-2001, 10:46 AM
I'm In for Chatham Sat. AM.
I'll go with the flow as far a early shuttle, etc.
John M., is CAC available for Fri. Night? If not, no big deal, it would just give me 45 minutes extra sleep than if I come from Bourne. If so, could you email me adress or directions? I've been there twice, but can't quite remember the way!
08-30-2001, 10:50 AM
Guys, I'll be fishing Sunday instead. GOOD LUCK!
Today's the day we should firm up plans, I agree. Sorry my day job has been ridiculous lately with some major black holes sucking everything around it into their voids. I can't wait for the weekend!
I'll be working very late tonight and should be able to put some time moving tomorrow, thus opening up the possibility of a Monday without manual labor - 1/2 day fishing instead!
Anyway, the starting point is the meeting place on Sat. I need to figure out how we would work things out with boat hosts, I'll get their input today.
Default plans are to meet at the light early, the tide will be good for it.
We might have enough to do an early bird to beat the crowd on Rip Ryder but the weather may not be conducive to sight fishing on the flats. If not the run to South Beach has been productive lately, both sides fishable.
Another option is for a few to hit Nauset oversand in my truck (and possibly others with stickers) at some point over the weekend.
Anyway, let's hook up a little later today.
08-30-2001, 12:31 PM
It all sounds good to me!
08-30-2001, 01:40 PM
I may be joining you at the lighthouse on Saturday morning. Not sure if I'll be able to make it by first light, but I'll give it a try. I'll be in a green Grand Am with a "Berkshires" license plate on the front (one of those dealer ads). If I don't see you in the parking lot I'll look for you on the beach. I'd also be interested in doing the early bird shuttle to South Beach or Monomoy, but I will need to be back in Falmouth by 4:00 or so to check in.
I may also be able to join you guys on Sunday and/or Monday. I won't have internet access after this Friday, so I guess I'll just have to make plans as I go. Hope to see you there!
08-30-2001, 01:46 PM
TinMan (08-30-2001 10:50 a.m.):
Guys, I'll be fishing Sunday instead. GOOD LUCK!
That sure doesn't look like a flyrod in that profile picture. :-D