Chatham-South Beach-Next Day [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham-South Beach-Next Day

striblue
08-26-2001, 10:32 PM
Pete stayed at CAC and we left at 5 AM for the light house. Met Jim D at Larry's PX and Fred at the Light house. Slow, I pick up one good blue and then Jim Pete and I left for the 8 AM shuttle. Things were not like yesterday... worked the whole beach ,no birds or Seals. About 11 am they show up and Pete gets into fish... He Finishes with about 13 ,I get 2 and Jim one. A couple guys we fish with get a couple each. Same weather, slight change in wind direction and the surf bigger, but a wonderful day.All good fish ..same lenghts as yesterday but not as many into the shore line. I am changing flies as fast as I can.. different length sand eel... Pete starts giving casting lessons( he can be so anoying especially after a day like he had... telling me over the radio... " got another fish John");) . Anyway a great weekend . I wish Jim was with us yesterday... But I will be back there when the tides are right. On the way back I learned from Keith that Juro went to North Monomoy.

juro
08-27-2001, 10:26 AM
There I stood all alone, giggling like a schoolboy with keeper bass surrounding me on a knee deep flat. Unfortunately I couldn't figure them out for a while, probably had to change flies a thousand times (man I will need to wash them all or they'll rust!) and ended up resorting to a fly you might have heard of that I hardly ever use - a deep eel! Clobbered them with it.

Pete - fess up... I know why you caught more than everyone else. I'll send you an email to see if I guessed right...