Boneclave Ride from Hell [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Ride from Hell

ssully
08-21-2001, 11:40 PM
Arrived home after a SEVEN HOUR commute from the Cape.

Missed the turn off on the rotary and drove to Hyannis were we picked up RTE.6 finally.

Flat tire on the boat trailer on route six. Fixed back on the road cool.

Not so cool was the blowout on the replacement tire on 495N at 65 MPH. KABOOM!
The left trailer tire explodes and 3 thousand pounds of boat and trailer decides to change lanes from the right to the middle lane during the commuter rush hour. Oh oh!

Shift mode from two tired, soggy, happy boneclavers to spam in the can astronauts on re-entry. HOLY $HIT!!!

Captain extrodinaire Hans Schott shifted the Millenium Falcon out on to the remaining afterburner (tire) and swung the whole mess back into the right lane. While Copilot Chewbacka kept yelling to hit the grass on re-entry into the breakdown lane. Whew!

Once the adrenalin stopped flowing we got off a call to Boat-US. Their local towing service was able to rebuild our afterburner within the hour.

Lefty
08-22-2001, 08:32 AM
Ironically, I sailed right through beantown and got home in 1 hour 45 mins. My 4 cylinder PU did it on a 1/4 tank of gas hauling boat and lots o gear. Glad you guys made it safely.

Hey, tell Mike I owe him some gas money. Forgot.

Terry

grego
08-22-2001, 12:32 PM
SSully,

You have just described one of my two boating "Worst Nightmares." The other of course is getting caught in a storm & getting flipped over. I'm glad to hear that you guys made it through OK.

It looks like our days of "Perfect Claves" that go off without a hitch may be coming to an end.