The Clock is Running---This weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Clock is Running---This weekend?

striblue
09-25-2001, 04:05 PM
Just taking a poll... who is thinking of Chatham this weekend... with 6 or 7 we can get Rip rider to the north tip of south Monomoy. For the day. I would like to arrange it in advance with Keith. I will be down Friday night so I was thinking of Saturday. Any opinions. Time is running out on us.

SOLO
09-25-2001, 04:37 PM
John...I'm getting my new digs "electrified" on Friday and was planning on wetting a line before the sun comes up Saturday. Can I meet you at CAC and car pool, or at the PX for java and a fat pill?! North Monomoy also sounds interesting...
The clock, she is a tickin'!
LET'S GO FISHIN'!...

striblue
09-25-2001, 07:42 PM
Sounds good... see you at CAC on Sat morn..5AM?

juro
09-25-2001, 07:56 PM
John -

I am up for some striper fishing... getting sick of hearing all these migration excuses }>

Seriously, maybe I won't get past Plymouth?? jimW's reports are going to be popular on Friday I'll bet!

I am waiting for confirmation of my plans for the weekend but if I get free I would like nothing better than to sip some pogie oil, smoke a cuban cigar, and reflect on this stellar season before a morning of living it a little bit longer. Monomoy's Tip sounds great, I like south sound shore-hopping this time of year too. It's all good.

Count me in as a tentative, I will confirm as plans get firm for me.

striblue
09-25-2001, 08:05 PM
OK...the bottle of pogy oil is unopened and the cubans will be there. Cohiba,Montecristo,El re du Mundo,Bolivar..etc.. all Robustos.

Ishmeal
09-25-2001, 11:15 PM
John...Are those Cuban guys all staying at the CAC?!
As I recall Senior Mundo snores like a trooper and that Cohiba dude pees all over the toilet seat and leaves a big mess!
See you at 0500 Saturday!

FredA
09-26-2001, 06:39 AM
At this point, it does not look good for me (a relapse into menopausal madness I think). I got a feeling its going to be one of those days, and, par for the course, I'm going to miss it.

I also have an unopen bottle of pogy oil, 18 years in the barrel, another 4 or 5 on the shelf. Bet that stuff would help me catch a keepa. October in Rhode Island might be a good time to break it open.

Fred A.

Roop
09-26-2001, 06:51 AM
It looks like I will have to fulfill my promise to Pete Lavoillette and make the required delivery to Mr. Mukai, a few Cubans and an uncracked bottle of Balvenie. Friday evening at CAC?

One more beer with Nick the other night & I would have broken into the cigars and the scotch....

Roop

PS - John, is your mother going to join us? I'm sorry I missed her stand-up routine last year.

bcasey
09-26-2001, 06:51 AM
John, I'm up for Sat. morn., never been to the CAC, Juro says I've got to see the place, but @ 5am I'm still a little fuzzy and the only thing I can see must be 40"s or larger. Let me know what time to be at the Rip Ryder, Thanks

Lefty
09-26-2001, 11:34 AM
Noahth Shoah.

DFix
09-26-2001, 11:50 AM
Sounds like barrel aged pogy oil and Habana Habanas (Dominicans are aged better - those rollers in El Mundo del Rey land don't wait long enough to push them into the market - they need the Dinero !! ;D ) would serve us all well - unfortunately I'm committed to a mid-state NH event, which is too bad - I've been given clearance to return to duty with "cautionary" statements by the Orthopod.

JAM - read your email, get your messages on your office phone, whatever (now it's my turn to ask - you know what.)

brendan
09-26-2001, 12:44 PM
I'm still planning to arrive in Chatham on Friday evening along with my brother-in-law and a friend. Any plans for a Friday night get-together for dinner?

juro
09-26-2001, 12:54 PM
Brendan -

That sounds great, I just need to confirm whether I am on for Sat or Sun this weekend with the forces that be. If I am coming down on Fri I will definitely join you guys for some food and merriment.

Juro

striblue
09-26-2001, 04:34 PM
Brendan.. I will do dinner Friday night... Squire?

FishHawk
09-27-2001, 05:02 AM
The FishHawk is in for the Sat run. Finally a chance to fish with the Iron Man and crew. Let me know what the cost will be and what time to be at the causeway.

Roop
09-27-2001, 06:31 AM
John,

Could we get Keith to use the big boat?

A number of members are up here from PA and would probablyike to join the trip to Monomoy. I'll find out how many of them want to today and call you.

That said, I will probably pass on this weekend so I can take full advantage of the Rhodyfest.

Roop

striblue
09-27-2001, 08:50 AM
I am calling Keith This morning and will get back to all.

striblue
09-27-2001, 09:52 AM
Just spoke to Keith and he said I should call him Friday Night when I get down. He indicated that he may be pulling the boats in because of a storm heading that way for Saturday afternoon with winds to 35 knots... I am going down anyway for saturday morning... but will watch the weather.

brendan
09-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Juro/John... Dinner sounds great. John, you should have my contact phone numbers. Juro, contact me at my personal e-mail and I'll give them to you also.

juro
09-27-2001, 06:39 PM
The weather is supposed to be the classic n'oreaster as I understand it. Brewster flats will be out. Ocean beaches - not a good idea.

Protected areas on the North Shore might be productive, estuaries and southside river mouths come to mind. I've fished Morris Island out to Stage in a wind like this with success.

Should shuffle the deck pretty good though.

Lefty
09-27-2001, 06:58 PM
Late breaking development: with the North Shore looking slim as of late, and a possible hall pass freshly issued, I actually could get down to Chatham to finally see the CAC.
Anyone got a potential bunk for friday night?

Beyond that I'm confused about the overall plan. Please advise? Otherwise I could save the points for Rhody or something.

Lefty

juro
09-27-2001, 07:22 PM
Here's my dilemma - family duties on Sat, making Sun the only possible day. Haven't even unpacked from the PNW trip, so I should be smart and stay home on Sunday... but then again when have I ever been smart when there's flyfishing to be had? ;-)

To striblues point the season sure isn't getting any younger, there will be a cold day in February that I regret any lost opportunities. I haven't finished rationalizing all this yet and I need to feel out the situation at the home front if ya know what I mean.

Lefty
09-27-2001, 07:41 PM
Sat: NE Wind 20 to 25 kts. Seas building to 3 to 6 Ft. Vsby near 3 miles in scattered morning showers.

Does that blow the Rip Trip? If so, will there be a Chatham light gang?

Hey Roop what's this about members from Pa.?

Lefty

striblue
09-27-2001, 08:35 PM
Terry... you can stay at CAC friday night if you want.. I will confirm for that tomorrow

FishHawk
09-28-2001, 04:48 AM
Looks like the Rip Trip will not happen. So I am off to the Hoosey for some Fall trout fishing.
This has been the story of my saltwater season close but no cigar. Let us not forget the*Boston dinner after the Rhody Clave. It will be a chance to thank Juro for all the hard h done putting the best saltwater flyfishing site on the net. Juro can you come up with a date for this event? Ironman John ,we will get to fish one of these days.
FishHawk

Ishmeal
09-28-2001, 06:37 AM
Iron-alloy-man John...don't be surprised to hear the big diesel in your driveway Sat AM...LET'S GO FISHING!

striblue
09-28-2001, 07:38 AM
Terry... that's confirmed if you want to stay.. I will leave Boston around 4 PM.. I will get in touch with Brendan ...But let me know what time you will arrive and I will e-mail you the location of a key in case I am not there... If there are others who want to get a relaxed start in the AM... let me know.There is room at CAC.

FredA
09-28-2001, 07:39 AM
Latest Intellicast for Chatham - Friday night NE winds less than 5 mph, Saturday partly sunny, NE winds, 10-15 mph. Sounds fishable to me. My day dream - the light and down South beach a ways early then a first time exploratory around Morris Island to Stage inlet. But I'll be home entertaining my wife (she says I'm sexy with a hammer in my hand).

Good luck and I wish I could be there.

Fred A.

Jimmy
09-28-2001, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a great weekend, but duty calls and the family wishes to have me around. Enjoy! I'll be there in spirit.

Jimmy

bcasey
09-28-2001, 08:15 AM
Hey John,
Nice picture, you better lay off the pogy oil !

Lefty
09-28-2001, 08:16 AM
John-Great! I brought my CAC Wall of Fame contribution too. Check your email.

Lefty

I hoped I packed some Deep Eels :-)