South Pacific Flyfishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Pacific Flyfishing

Bri-RN
09-25-2001, 02:08 PM
I'm posting this for a little imput from everyone.
This November I'll be embarking on my honeymoon to the South Pacific (Tahiti,Bora-Bora,Moorea). I have heard so much about New Caledonia as a new adventure place where the bonefish are as big as elephants. However, through word of mouth and browsing on the internet, I have found nothing regarding f-fishing in these areas above.
Does anyone have any suggestions or input?
Thanks

striblue
09-25-2001, 02:43 PM
Don't have that info, but don't just hope for bonefish.. don't forget all the other species that are great on a fly.. Jacks, baracuda,etc.

Hawkeye
09-25-2001, 03:17 PM
I am totally ignorant on this matter but it sure seems to me that honeymoon and fishing are two words/activities that should be kept far apart from one another. :) Unless of course if she fishes then you are one lucky SOB! :)

Here's to many happy days for the two of you!

Nick
09-25-2001, 03:32 PM
Bri,
I've been wondering where you were! Now I remember. Congratulations!

Nick

Fishinimpossible
09-25-2001, 03:44 PM
Check out Christmas Island. It's down that way with tons of bones. Never been there, but I hear they parade around those flats. Don't shy from fishing on the honeymoon...I brought my sage 4 piece on my honeymoon to Montana. Keep reminding her that if she loves you, she will let you fish.

Roop
09-26-2001, 06:59 AM
Brian,

As Nick said, we were wondering where you were.

Congratulations!

I'd call Kaufman's or the other internatoinal FF travel groups and see what they suggest.

Stay in touch.

Roop

tomd
09-26-2001, 07:50 AM
Bri, try contacting these guys at X-treme angling. they don't do any trips there, but they are great guys and are very knowledgable and well travelled. Tom D
here's the link. http://www.x-tremeanglingonline.com/contact_us.html

Bri-RN
09-26-2001, 06:25 PM
Thanx everyone for the input!
Hopefully it will pan out.
Roop and Nick, glad to hear that all is well.
Hopefully we can throw the lines soon.
It's amazing the ground you can cover with a Kayak!!!