Plymouth report 9/28 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth report 9/28

JimW
09-28-2001, 11:21 AM
It wasn't happening for me this morning. I would have liked to stay for the start of the outgoing especially with the overcast skies but work, work, work. I didn't see any bait because the water was a bit stirred up. Talked to a guy that had fished Duxbury this morning, he got into schoolies until 1st light then it shut down. Call it denial or optimism but I think they are still around. It's looking like another blow heading our way for the weekend. :(

bcasey
09-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Hi Jim,
I went over to Old Sandwich Harbor and down along the shore to the canal last night, Not a fish in sight, several other fishermen with the same results. Flat calm,great sunset,still fun to be out there. After that I stopped at some of my old faithful spots in west falmouth, nothing. Looking over a bridge I did see some effleressence (sp?), I thought it was late in the season for that ? Oh well, keep trying

Tod D
09-28-2001, 12:23 PM
Jim - heard rain outside at 4:30 and went back to bed, so I never made it down. Was thinking about hitting Sandwich or Sandy Neck early tomorrow (4-5 am) to catch the incoming, but (Brian) think it's worth it? NE wind could make that forward cast interesting...

JimW
09-28-2001, 01:16 PM
Brian, Bourne was pretty active last night but the fish were all micros. Last 2 hours of the outgoing seemed to have the most activity. Bait soup. Check your email.

Tod, I was thinking maybe up your way pre 1st light as a starter. Chris (don't remember his last name) got them to 28-1/2 this morning.

bcasey
09-28-2001, 03:17 PM
Best time I ever had at Sandwich last year was with the wind blowin 20+ right in my teeth,middle to end of dropping tide. Had to cast almost towards the shore while standing in about 18"s of water. every third wave or so would hit me on the elbow, green and white foam, couldn't see a thing but the fish took almost every cast. After about 2.5 hrs of this I had had it, dead tired,waders full of water,cold, and a huge smile from ear to ear. Not big fish, 20 to 28 inches. But what a blast. I had to leave before the fish. First and only time that has happened. Now I know what a wading jacket is for. I'll stay to the end.
Although I'm thinkin with the NE wind, the chanel between N & S Monomoy sounds ok, and I can't get that place out of my system. We could meet at about 5:30am at Sandwich and try to change my mind?