Marblehead Morning (2nd try) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Marblehead Morning (2nd try)

Lefty
10-03-2001, 03:08 PM
Pardon the duplicate post if you saw this already in the other thread.

Went out this morning for some more hit or miss fishing on the North Shore. Finally met MayorMcfish in the flesh. Good guy. He's been helping me with some new shore access spots just 20-25 mins from my house. We met this time in Marblehead. The fishing was slow but the information valuable. Having a veteren of an area show you the ins and outs go so far in my book. I did see a guy tossing poppers land a keeper. And another popper guy hook up a couple of mid 20s. Mayor dropped 3 micros in the wash. So all in all, the weather was incredible after the moon set and the dawn broke. Crisp fall sun at low angles blasting over the mansions.
The question is: where is all the bunker of 2 weeks ago? I got knocked over by a wave first time ever. Fortunately I had just shed my fleece and left it on a rock. That ended up leaving me with something dry to wear. I also had a good slip on some rocks- landed on my butt. Combat fishing. I kept my PFD on the whole time as conditions are rough out there. Gentlemen, there still a few weeks of spotty action, if you can find them. My search continues at a pace of one (maybe 1.5) outings per week.

Lefty

MayorMcFish
10-04-2001, 08:44 AM
hey- that was fun. I'm sorry there weren't more fish. There were some big fish in Swampscott this morning. They wouldn't eat flys, but they loved mackerel plugs.

We'll have to fish again (with GregO too.) Although that other post makes me wonder if you two are the same person ;)

(I carry my stupid knickname to yet another board)

grego
10-04-2001, 05:53 PM
I hit Manchester for a few hours last night, NADA. Slimy weeds at Black/White. All I got was Sleepy!