If I were a betting man... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: If I were a betting man...

juro
09-28-2001, 11:36 AM
My call for the weekend would be...

Chapin / Bass Hole will be loaded with fish on the morning drop. They'll come back in with the flood, but get off those myriad flats fast. Real eels and bunker flies, poppers when the current is slack.

Northeast wind will force backhanded casting but it beats most other spots in the area.

Don't quote me on it }>

juro
09-28-2001, 11:48 AM
Oops wrong tide chart - it will be a morning flood, afternoon drop. That won't have the nighttime lurkers leaving the Chase Garden estuary like I thought. It still might be a hot scenario, if the birds are there in large numbers (gannets too typically this time of year) then the fish are there too. The difference with this estuary from Paine's and Quivett is the size of the creek and the surrounding intertidal structures. It's a great place to putz around on kayaks, canoes, to get from spot to spot but you just have to watch out for the raging tide currents. If the fish pushing down from mass bay south shore bypass the east end of the canal they will most likely be holed up there like 9 of 10 years in the fall.

Could be totally wrong though...