Conclave special 10/13 anyone interested? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Conclave special 10/13 anyone interested?

artb
10-10-2001, 12:31 PM
I just heard from my son, who has a charter boat. He has agreed to take 3 fishers out on saturday morning from about 6:30 to 9:30am to fish the area from Napatree, Sugar Reef, and Watch Hill if anyone is interested. To make it fair it will be drawn for, if more than three are interested.
He has to be back in for 10:00AM as he has a charter from 10 AM to 4:30 PM.
He also told me that it is wall to wall false albacore from Watch Hill to Sugar Reef. He also took quite a few bass to 42 inches at Watch Hill Reef on eels, there also was bass at Sugar Reef. The bass are down deep though.
I have had this idea on my mind for a while now, but wanted to be sure before I presented it to the group. His boat is not the greatest for flyfishing though, that is why I think it should be experenced flycasters. If no one is interested it won't hurt my feelings. I am also going to take the liberty to ask my son to put in an appearance at the supper, He might have some ideas as to where to fish Sunday. Things are coming together pretty fast.
How does the group feel about this.

Bri-RN
10-10-2001, 12:41 PM
Hi Art,
Glad to hear from you.
Someone offering to let me possibly land my first Albie on the fly. I'd be honored to possibly have that chance.
I'll keep my eyes posted to see how many are interested.
Brian Zinck
bzinck@lifespan.org

juro
10-10-2001, 12:47 PM
I nominate Jim Whalen for his efforts organizing this clave!

Art, and Art Jr - your generosity is greatly appreciated!

JimW
10-10-2001, 01:14 PM
Sounds great Art. You can put my name in the hat and we'll see what happens. (insert salivating happy face here)

dac
10-10-2001, 01:23 PM
Since we're playing that game...

I'll nominate Juro for all his workaholic (or in this case is it playaholic?) dedication to the board and it's associated activities.

And if there's space left over, I'm keen to go as well.

Donald Cox

juro
10-10-2001, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the consideration Donald - I am thinking we should let tunoid virgins take the top straws on this drawing though. That's not to say that I wouldn't appreciate it, but such opportunities to have a lot of shots at hardtails should be used to initiate people in the ways of the inshore tuna on the fly.

I was fortunate enough to take a prime shift on the front of Bigcat's boat at Boneclave and promptly hooked a bonito from a busting pod. I lost the fish but believe me I've had my shots this season.

Me and mr.striper have had more than our share of battles this season, it has been without question the SWFF angling year of my life.

I humbly defer my candidacy to any flyrod-hardtail virgins out there this time.

FredA
10-10-2001, 08:30 PM
Being a tunoid virgen I guess I should throw my hat in the ring. I second the motion to exempt Jim from the straw drawing.

Fred A.

Bri-RN
10-10-2001, 08:38 PM
How Naive of me!!!
Jim, Art, and Juro deserve some rewards for organizing this expedition!!
All the best!!!
Zinck

fliboy
10-10-2001, 09:13 PM
I agree that Jim W. should fill one of the spots.

I as a tunoid virgin and a striper keeper virgin would like to be included in the raffle.

Looking forward to the three day "fishin' frenzy".

TL,

Dave

Roop
10-11-2001, 06:17 AM
1. Definitely JimW
2. If there is a lottery, please include this hard tail virgin.

Roop