Anyone up to get a early start on the Rhody Clave? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone up to get a early start on the Rhody Clave?

fliboy
10-05-2001, 04:13 AM
I intend to head down to Rhody early next Friday morning, getting an early jump on the Rhody CLave. Anyone else headed down early?

TL,

Dave

GregD
10-05-2001, 10:12 AM
Well I was thinking more like this coming Sunday! Actually torn between the cape spots like Monomoy, mecca, homewaters, waqiot VS Watch hill, weekapong. Kind of a good delema though instead of not planning to go fishing at all. Might be able to get away next friday as well. I'll have to wait till like wednesday though to
see what develops with work.

Greg.

JimW
10-05-2001, 11:45 AM
Greg, I'd love to hit Rhody this weekend but the kids have soccer events both days and I'm working Monday.
Dave, I plan on arriving at Burlingame around noonish on Friday. I might hit one of the ponds on the incoming to at least get a look at the bait size and type, then do some tying. Try to get one of those beach stickers and generally scope things out. You'll get an email next week with my cell and everyone else who included theirs on the signup.

dac
10-05-2001, 08:10 PM
I am a strong maybe for the early start on Friday. I'd like to go, but I may be detained. I should know by Tuesday.

Donald Cox

stevel
10-06-2001, 07:17 AM
i just joined the board and the clave. I'll be there with yak mid-Friday afternoon, about 2 or 3. Have plans to venture Fri. night into Ninnigret Pond.

dac
10-10-2001, 06:44 PM
I'm not going to be able to get away as soon as I hoped, so I'll probably be arriving mid-late afternoon.

Donald Cox

GregD
10-11-2001, 12:57 AM
Wish I could say yes, work/parent duties will be keeping me away till Sunday if I'm lucky. This would make four fishing Sunday's for me and the wife turns red whenever I mention the Rhodyfest Clave or fishing with Juro at this point. I noticed it seemingly OK if I take the 2.5 yr old with. Makes for a troublesome fishing day for Dad though, But at least I can get out. Have to test this theory out and see if I can get away Sunday.

JimW- Saturday is Brandon's Soccer tournament so it's my turn for Soccer duty. Wish I could be out there with you guys.

Greg.

JimW
10-11-2001, 05:22 AM
GregD, If he handles the ball with the same enthusiasm as I saw exhibited at the boneclave your in for a great game. There will be other claves. BTW, thanks for digging up that printable info from Rhody 2000.

GregD
10-11-2001, 09:41 AM
JimW- After seeing the fall migration first hand his enthusiasm went up another notch. I'm quite sure he'd rather be fishing than playing soccer. As far as the printable maps, Your welcome... I refer to my copy almost every trip there for those little tips and reminders, real handy nice little maps and reference. Too good not to re-use it seemed, glad it was still available on the server. Perhaps it would be good to add new information discovered to it as we learn more about the fishing/fishery.
Keep it updated with all the tips and info for reference each year.

Greg.