RI Orthophoto Server(get closeup of RI coast) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RI Orthophoto Server(get closeup of RI coast)

artb
10-26-2001, 07:27 PM
For all you fishers out there that would like to see closeups of the RI coastline, and the rest of RI. It is only in black and white, but you can see the different water depths, and the ROCKY area like Napatree Point. www.edc.uri.edu/ click on the Orthophoto Server, and zoom in.

juro
10-27-2001, 08:32 AM
AWESOME Art! Wish I was there now (almost was!).

The sandy island extension reaching north/northwest from Napatree Pt was the target of much discussion this year, although we never did get out to do a sortie out there as we had hoped. I hope to try some sight fishing on the flats in Westerly next season.

Thanks for the great link.

Quentin
10-27-2001, 09:38 AM
Thanks Art!

Hey! If you look REAL close, you can see me standing on the rocks at the end of Napatree Point :D

I was trying to figure out what date the photos are from. The metadata link shows "source date" of March 1995 and "Acc-Rev" = 0997 (maybe Sept, 1997?) Perhaps someone who is more familiar with this stuff can elaborate on this?
Q

RayStachelek
10-27-2001, 04:12 PM
Come a day there will be no more fish finders on board. All will have state of the art continuously upgradable satellite transmissions. Will even show your current boat/position in the photo. Imagine being at home and watching fish movement and knowing when to fish?

juro
10-27-2001, 04:20 PM
Then we'd have to figure out how to scramble the signal to make everyone think there is a big blitz at P-Town! ^_^

tomd
10-28-2001, 07:59 AM
Ray, but then we'd have no excuse!!! we'd know exactly where the fish are, and still didn't catch em. Tom D

RayStachelek
10-29-2001, 06:43 PM
Tom D

You got that right! :D
(Just had to make this post just to see what my profile picture would look like.) ;)