My First Rhodyfest [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: My First Rhodyfest

Rick S
10-13-2001, 04:26 PM
My first ever Rhodyfest was a bummer. Started at Napatrre Pt before sunrise with a few other Massachusetts boys. Thanks Brian for the guide service ;)

Nothing, so we moved on east hitting every beach to the west wall. Not a fish, not a bird but met a lot of nice people. We will be back in the spring cuz you have a great little secret down there. Beautiful beaches, easy access and hospitality8)

Have a great winter, it is time for me to hibernate. Beaches are now for long walks with the wife and the dog until spring.

See you in April!

Dble Haul
10-13-2001, 06:18 PM
Rick- Sorry to hear that you didn't get into any fish. Stay productive during the winter and hit 'em hard next year.

At least that's what I always end up telling myself. :-)

Mark

GregD
10-13-2001, 11:22 PM
Hi Rick,

Glad to hear you were able to get a out see the place and meet some people. It's a great way to see the area with some knowledgeable people and learn about spot's to go in the future. This time of year it's seems to be feast or famine.

Greg.

Rick S
10-14-2001, 07:41 PM
I shall return, you folks were the BEST!
Just think, the one's I missed this fall will be that much bigger when they return in the spring!

juro
10-15-2001, 08:52 AM
Great meeting you Rick!

I agree, the area has a lot to offer. New water is always fun to learn. Just off to the west from the lot there were some awesome flats, I'll have to pry myself away from Monomoy someday to go try them next summer.

Surf was so high the beach was not do-able and the rocks were treacherous. Bad combo for Napatree.