Art - is Watch Hill still Albie City? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Art - is Watch Hill still Albie City?

juro
10-17-2001, 01:11 PM
Maybe I should only ask on the day I am coming }>

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your scouting and assistance last weekend. It's good to know we have such a good mentor on the south coast.

All I can think about now is "if we were only out on boats in those birds" over and over.

artb
10-17-2001, 09:08 PM
I wish I had looked at flyfishingforum earlier, but really under the weather. Ream job tomorrow. Will try to get an answer for you by tomorrow night. I do believe they are still around. It is funny, but this year they didn't come in to the breachways like last year. They seem to stay about 1/4 mile offshore. I will call around tomorrow. It was real windy today. but being a SW wind they must be closer to the shore. Why you coming down this weekend? TL ArtB

juro
10-17-2001, 09:37 PM
At this point I still haven't gotten over the feeling of being just a mere 100-300 yards from the best hardtail fishing of the year. If I were a boat-bearing man I would be there for sure. I know a few folks are headed that way and couldn't help but ask the question.

And Art - if I didn't mention it before, I hope your surgery goes well and however inconvenient I am sure you're better off without those polyps. You make me laugh when you call it what you do but I sincerely hope the procedure is simple and also for your speedy recovery, buddy.

I guess hang in there would be a poor choice of words }>

artb
10-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Just got my information early tonight. Bass, and Blues are still along the coast from Charlestown to Watch Hill. The windy today gusted to almost 50. I didn't get much news of Albies around Watch Hill, I guess too hard to see. I guess the outer side of my son's slip broke lose with water washing over it. He didn't hear anything about outside of Napatree. Like I said my other sources said Bass, and Blues still around. I'll be back fishing the begining of next week. I am now building a folding beach cart to lug waders, and gear to the inaccessable areas, more later. Good weekend guys. Got a new Striper line from SA too bad their no good. Maybe I can swap for a Cortland Camo. TL ArtB