07-15-2001, 05:37 PM
Number 1, fish alone so there are no witnesses to marvel at your deed.
Number 2, leave the camera at home (see number 1).
Number 3, DON'T bring that new rod/reel you've been dying to "blood" for the first time and that you've been fishing unsuccessfully for weeks.
Works everytime! Native buck came to hand this morning.
Congrats! Funny how all the little things make or break the voodoo that is steelheading ;-)
The next three months http://www.flyfishingforum.com/UB/Public/Images/Default/I9.gif
07-18-2001, 08:25 PM
You forgot the rest:
4. Turn around with your line still in the water to talk to some stranger from Arizona that wanders up behind you.
5. Cuss alot because you just had a pull while you were talking to the stanger from Arizona.
6. Cuss again because the fish was on all the time and it just jumped out of the water three times and took line into the backing while you turned around again to talk to the stranger from Arizona.
7. Reel in your backing while talking to the stranger from Arizona because you figure the fish has thrown the hook and is off.
8. Pay attention this time when you tighten up on the fish and it takes you into the backing again.
9. Lock the stanger from Arizona in your trunk, feed him poptarts and radishes, and never ever let him out again.
07-23-2001, 01:01 AM
Arizona?? Substitute California. :>)
To much money, and too much time on their hands.