I finally get to fish this weekend! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I finally get to fish this weekend!

juro
04-20-2001, 10:49 AM
Well, my plans are firmed up for the weekend. My sister didn't want me to lose my weekend on the Cape to meet on Saturday night so I plan to visit her on the west coast to make up for it. My wife wants the family to do the cape thing so I will be squeezing in a few casts here and there around the south side wishing I was at the EarlyBird instead of playing miniature golf with the kids. Actually, I am so sick of winter miniature golf with the kids sounds pretty great about now!

But the Early bird sounds better. The only option would be take a wrong turn at I-95 but I am driving my son down and I'd have to hold him hostage. It's not his response I fear, but his mother's!

So I will be mid-cape bound. I have a couple shallow dark bottomed estuaries I've been fishing since before moving out west where new arrivals hold in early spring, one with a herring run where some of the spring bass are surprisingly large. It's probably not the best bet considering fish haven't shown up around points further to the west and south - but it's a first day folly.

My son wants to do our annual kettle pond trout trip too. Should be fun! Feels good to be talking about wetting a line again. It'll probably take me 6 hours to get my gear together! ;-)

capt_dave
04-20-2001, 02:45 PM
Have a blast, Juro!

We will sure miss you at the Kenney Abrames Seminar in Duxbury.

But don't worry: I'll drink your coffee and eat your donuts in the morning session and I'll eat your Roast Beef, Turkey, and Tuna Salad & Potato (or is that Potatoe?) Salad, Rolls, Cookies, et al, in the afternoon session.

I'll buy your raffle ticket too and win the Scott SAS Fly Rod. I'll have Kenney autograph your Striper Moon & The Perfect Fish books, and I'll buy your R.L.S. Hackles.

So don't feel bad for not being able to make it.

Hmmm.... I guess that's about it. OH - I'll take some notes for you too and maybe we can fish together soon!

(stripers in the canal yeterday....)

Capt. Dave

juro
04-20-2001, 06:56 PM
WOW Dave, that sure sounds good... if I had a way I would be there. I admire Ken a lot and it sounds like a great way to spend the day before the stripers arrive. I'm sure those who can make it will have a fantastic time and thanks for keeping us up to date with all the cool stuff you have going on at the shop.

tomd
04-21-2001, 01:03 AM
Dave, you shoulda hit me up for some of those raffle tickets while I was there on friday. woulda been glad to buy some