Gore concedes, but the bass have not? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Gore concedes, but the bass have not?

RayStachelek
12-14-2000, 03:04 PM
Here's a partial post that appeared on R-T about the Point Judith/West Wall area.

Hey guys, got some good news. I am not here to piss anyone off, but the fish went crazy at West Wall late this morning. I had been visitng a friends house down in Matunuck and brought my rod along, more for the heck of casting sinced I hadn't gone for a while. On my second cast I got a nice hit and reeled ina nice 15-18pound fish. For the next 3 hours or so theyfish hit consistently, the biggest being, on estimate, slightly pover 30 pounds, my biggest of the year.

December Clave?

Ray

Powers
12-14-2000, 03:41 PM
I saw that in my monthly visit to RT. Do we know/believe that guy?

Mattb
12-14-2000, 04:48 PM
Powers, I was going to ask the same question. He claims he was catching big fish hand over fist in the first post and later says that he hasn't been back and that "Imay go agsain if it warms up a little bit". I don't know about you guys, but if I went out one day and had fishing like he describes, cold weather wouldn't deter me from a return trip(assuming i could be persuaded to leave in the first place).

I'd love to believe the guy, but I just don't know...

Matt

juro
12-14-2000, 05:51 PM
That report gets me to don my boots, but not for wading. http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

PeteGray
12-14-2000, 06:59 PM
I saw him...He had fish stacked up like cord wood and the gal waiting for him back at the car was Heather Locklear...yea, that's the ticket!
And he was smokin' Cuban cigars and drinkin' DonPerinwhatshisname 1947... and when he was done with the striper blitz he just left his Charlton and GLX on the beach 'cause his learjet was waiting to take him to the mother ship...
yea, that's the ticket !

RayStachelek
12-14-2000, 07:43 PM
Heh! U's guy's laugh? What if..... Daily lobsterman who fish into the winter months have witnessed off season scenarios like this.

There was a case about four years ago where some duck hunters who were at Gooseberry Point in Westport actually seen a school of large stripers this time of year and you guess it, Shot em with a 12 gauge. This was documented in a newspaper.

Couldn't be.... being in the right place at the right time. I know,.... this ain't the time. I can see it coming now.

RS