Fly Swap deadline? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Swap deadline?

doug
12-19-2000, 05:55 PM
Guys,
When is the deadline to have flies sent in for the swap?
Doug B.

juro
12-19-2000, 06:08 PM
I'll defer decisions to Bob Pink to avoid confusion. He mentioned something about the option of picking them up at the Marlboro show, but I don't want to speak on his meister's behalf. http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

Bob - please let me know what you need me to do for this swap. I am happy to drive down your neck of the woods, or to help out in any way you need.

Juro

Bob Pink
12-19-2000, 08:02 PM
Doug, here are the details. As soon as figure out how, I will post this info on the Clave/Swap roster page.

I hereby declare that the FlySwap 2001/clave is now in session,
Glad to see so much interest in sharing favorite (and possibly) secret striper swipers this winter. I'll assume that our IS Manager Al_d is already on the path of setting up a registration board {Al has it up already @ <a href="http://dev.dugmore.com/claves/" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://dev.dugmore.com/claves/</a><!--auto--> } so we'll know who is participating. If you are like me right now you are still catching up on all the work-work and home-work that went negelcted in favor of fishing. That and the upcoming holiday season will shut down my tying bench for the next few weeks so how about we set a date for all submissions to be in my hands by....(drum roll please)...
February 23rd, (2001 for those of us who are trying to avoid what year it is)

Please mail your works of art and inspiration (or perspiration?) to:

Bob Pink Jr
c/o Stratford Associates
118 Old Colony Ave
Quincy, MA 02170

I'll ship them back via UPS so make sure I have a street address ( no PO Boxes please ) and $1.50.

I will probably follow Ray's suggestion of processing them in groups of 6 as they come in so the earlier you send your's in the sooner you are likely to see your return package.

If you want to include a 'recipe' for the pattern, please make the 6 copies to send with the flies.

Have fun!
Bob

doug
12-20-2000, 04:56 AM
Bob and Juro,
Thanks! Feb. 23rd sounds good to me. More time to practice!
Doug B.

grego
12-20-2000, 08:23 AM
BobP

&gt;&gt;If you want to include a 'recipe' for the pattern, please make the 6 copies to send with the flies.&lt;&lt;

Am I to infer from this that we supposed to tie 6 copies of the Same fly? I've never done one of these, so I'm completely in the dark, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

juro
12-21-2000, 11:03 PM
gregO -

Sorry, I somehow missed this post. You can send 6 of same, or you can send 6 mixed. It really doesn't matter. The point is, whatever you send just attach the recipe with the flies so whoever gets the masterpiece also gets an accompanying recipe.

Juro

grego
12-22-2000, 10:05 AM
Check!

TinMan
12-25-2000, 11:48 AM
Oops, I registered and didn't know that this was for homebrews only. Can I de-register?

juro
12-26-2000, 09:37 AM
Well MIke you can, but if you are going to Sully's clave then 6 flies by Feb 23rd should be a pc of cake... your choice. You can de-reg at http://dev.dugmore.com/claves

Juro

TinMan
12-26-2000, 10:50 AM
Yes, I am going and was hoping I'd learn enough to tie that many. Sounds doable, so I'm still in...

tomd
01-02-2001, 09:46 PM
Bob, do you want me to email digital pic of my flies, or are we not posing them this year? Tom D

tomd
01-06-2001, 01:09 AM
Bob, my flies are in the mail! Ray's flies. 6 for the swap and one for the meister. Tom D

juro
01-06-2001, 10:00 AM
Tom -

Sorry I missed your post on the 2nd...

If Bob is not going to create images, I will so pls email them to me during the week... my home modem can't handle big mails very well.

Thanks TOM!

Roop
01-06-2001, 03:21 PM
Um, a little carification is needed for those of us who have just discovered the joys of sniffing softex...

Are the flies supposed to be our own, original patterns or just 6 flies regardless of whose pattern it is?

Roop

tomd
01-07-2001, 10:45 PM
anything you want to ty Roop, don't forget to add a 7th fly for the swap meister. and a recipe of what you tied(like I forgot) Tom D

juro
02-15-2001, 11:19 AM
February 23rd deadline's approaching... I'd like to mention a couple of things.

(a) A reminder that the 7th fly goes to the swapmeister. If you already turned in 6, no worries - we can get the other from you later, or you can mail it to:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 01450

and I will make sure Bob gets them.

(b) Also, don't forget to post your recipes. Once the flies are scanned or photographed, you will receive an email with the link to the image. Use this link to put the picture into the post using the <font color="0000ff">[<!--no-->img=&lt;URL&gt;<!--no-->]</font><!--color--> feature.

If you need more directions, don't worry - the email will provide a cut and paste message for you to use above the recipe.

Thanks!

Nick
02-21-2001, 10:30 AM
Bob,
I'm sending out mine today. Hopefully they will get there in time. Sorry so late.
Nick

doug
02-22-2001, 07:07 AM
I'm another "guilty" of not supplying "an extra" for the swapmeister...as if he needs one of my flies!
I'll give Mr. Pink a fly or two this spring on P.I.
Doug B.

striblue
02-22-2001, 08:35 AM
Same here. I will give him one of my Poplovics shrimp. I think they are the most realitic shrimp I have ever seen.