First Spring Clave - is it still on, and what weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: First Spring Clave - is it still on, and what weekend?

fliboy
03-11-2001, 09:37 AM
Last thread I have seen, unless I totally missed it, was the Spring Clave Digs thread. Was any date finalized? I want to make sure my honey-do list is in good shape before the Clave.

Chomping at the bit - to get out and start slingin some flies for the Stripers. Will be in Baltimore, MD on business next week - any one know if it's worth getting out. I have been inquiring around and it seems that during that time, it's probably schoolies. I will probably be going solo, and not sure if I will get away with springing for the half day trip myself. Would really like to check out this fishery, but I think it's got to be hit by boat this time of year. Anyone with thoughts or suggestions?

Tight lines,

Dave and Brett

ssully
03-11-2001, 11:25 AM
Yer kiddin right?

<a href="http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547/Forum18/HTML/000336.html" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547/Forum18/HTML/000336.html</a><!--auto-->

juro
03-11-2001, 04:52 PM
Spring clave:

I spoke with Roop by phone the other night and I think he wants to target the weekend of May 19th for the spring conclave. This would mean that not only the south side, but the Chatham area and much of the bayside will be in the running for good fish. I know we had this much earlier last year but I like his logic of (a) accomodating a Rhody casual in the start of May and (b) giving the fish some time to arrive.

He said he would post an update when he gets a chance this weekend (which he is working thru and therefore missed the fly show).

If you end up scoutin' in MD... let us know how you do!

fliboy
03-11-2001, 07:33 PM
Juro - sure will feed back if I do get out. Talked to Lefty at the show and he gave me a recommendation for a guide. Also he recommeded a fly shop to check out when I'm there. Let you know how I make out

Also I have some photographs on disk of the Tarpon Quest, but left them at work on my desk with the photos. I will push them to you some time tomorrow. Also post the second day of that trip in another post.

I am up for a Puerto Rico Clave, if anyone else is - this is the prime time down there for Tarpon.

Tight lines,

Dave

juro
03-12-2001, 11:55 AM
A PR clave sounds good... someday, ya never know! I can't wait to see those images.

We are checking with the Anchorage to confirm the 18th and 19th of May as we speak. There will be an info page coming up right after the casting clave page.

Roop
03-12-2001, 12:28 PM
I am targeting the 19th as Juro noted.

See my new post for additional thoughts.

Roop