Dux Bay skunk [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Dux Bay skunk

Tod D
05-09-2001, 07:44 PM
Fished Duxbury Bay last night from shore for about 1 hour. Hooked up every cast - unfortunately with seaweed. Had one clump that put a real bend in the rod though...

Decent bait starting to show though and actually saw 2 decent clam worms. Could it be that a hatch is on the way? Alas, if only the fish would follow...

juro
05-09-2001, 09:22 PM
Purely conjecture but it seems like the early fish shot to the canal to harass the herring and rounded the corner onto the shallow, warm bayside flats instead of taking the left turn up the bay. I've noticed that the Dux/Plymouth area often gets cooler water than other areas, even in late spring / summer with a strong SW wind - like the cold water is getting turned over and brought to the surface or something. In fact I think it was Pete Sorensen who pointed this out (?) This is an advantage in summer's dog days I would speculate although I am no expert in the specific area.

Anyway, one has to wonder why the fish are in PI, Marion and Monomoy but not on the southside and not in the bay!