Dawn of a new season [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Dawn of a new season

juro
03-19-2001, 12:53 AM
<center>http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/big-girl/bigcat1.jpg
<font size="1">Bigcat at Dawn, Big Girl Bar in Chatham MA
Photo - Nate Mantua visiting from Seattle WA</font><!--1--></center>

I was working on the Big Girl Bar Journal when I stumbled upon this picture of Bigcat someone took last year... it might have been Nate Mantua on his visit, or one of the Esteys, or Fred who snapped the moment. <i>(please let me know so I can show proper credits)</i>

But when I saw this I thought "the worst of it is finally over".

Of course there are such things as April blizzards (1978?) even knock-down storms in May, but if I am not mistaken tomorrow is spring according to the calendar and the transition between the night and the day will not be such a horrible time to be standing waist deep in water as it would be today.

I love the hint of warmth that a cold spring morning gets just as it's about to surrender to summer, and the way the sun rises when you're fishing since dark. I suppose that's a ways off yet - but John's photo put a chill of excitement in me so I had to post the photo.

Thanks to the photographer who sent it in, and to John for providing the moment - the image will be found in the Big-girl Bar journal.

FredA
03-19-2001, 11:59 AM
I didn't snap the picture, but I've been wondering about John's whereabouts. Should we expect a report from the Keys anytime soon?

Fred A.

Hawkeye
03-19-2001, 05:20 PM
I may have taken it but I don't recall. In any case it would have been on someone else's camera. It's a beauty of a shot though!

bigcat988
03-20-2001, 06:19 AM
Bigcat looks out of his lear sniffs the air yep its spring.
Juro I think Nate snaped that picture.
Fred no Keys report this year I'v been very busy, this is the first time in over a deckade that I will miss a week of tarpon fishing. Things are starting to slow down, so I'm back, and looking forward to another season. The Biggirl is calling.
John

juro
03-20-2001, 01:28 PM
I figured it might have been him... so that would have made it your birthday too!

Good times ahead,
Juro