Clave Libations [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Clave Libations

MarkDoogue
04-29-2001, 11:11 AM
Though I can't be there in person, I'll be represented at the clave in liquid form.

I've begun putting aside supplies of the Hop&Barley variety. I just wanted to make sure that no one went out and purchased any beer until they had to. I'll assemble an eclectic selection so all tastes should be represented. I may even be able to throw some non-alc's in for those that prefer them.

My brother Mike should be able to pick them up on his ride down because I live right off of the highway on the Weymouth stretch of Rt. 3.

All the best, gentlemen, in your fishing endeavors,

~Mark Doogue

Hawkeye
04-29-2001, 07:12 PM
Mark,

You da MAN!

doogue
04-29-2001, 08:02 PM
After that display of generosity I will be sure to succeed in my role as the messenger. Brother, whatever you gather I will ferry to the clave.

Later...

juro
04-29-2001, 08:53 PM
Your consideration is greatly appreciated, in fact we'll hold a clave toast in your honor. I hope you will be there in solid form during our many claves to come in 2001.

best regards and thanks!

Roop
04-30-2001, 07:24 AM
OD,

Thank you for your generosity. If you or Doogue need help with transporting beverages, I can easily help you out.

Thanks.

Roop

MarkDoogue
04-30-2001, 09:19 PM
Roop,

Thanks for the offer. My Bro' drives an Outback wagon so I'm sure he can manage, unless I really go nuts and grab 10+ cases. I figured 5 or so would cover you all. If I'm wrong let me know, I am not familiar with the "clave alcohol consumption quotient." I kow that if I were with 20 guys from my work I'd need at least 30 cases, but they have major issues........

Also, I believe we have a mutual friend, Rich Brooks.

Hope to meet you soon,

~Mark

Roop
05-01-2001, 12:27 PM
OD,

Nothing wrong with a few beverages.

RE: Mr. Brooks He advised me of the relationship after the Easter gathering.

As a fellow fly rodder, you have to carefully consider your duties to the brotherhood as far as any fishing adventures during what some people would consider the "work day". It shouldn't't really be too much of an issue, I'm working on getting him addicted to our sport!

Roop

juro
05-01-2001, 01:26 PM
It's our duty to recruit mucho FF'ers! ;D

MarkDoogue
05-12-2001, 12:10 AM
Here is an update on the beverage situation.

I have on hand at my house:

1 case Heineken cans

1 case Bass bottles

1 case Red Bull

1 case Cider Jack cans

1 case Poland Springs 16oz water

1 case Sam Adams Lager bottles

1 case Twisted Tea (alcoholic iced tea for the uninitiated)

Any suggestions as to what you might prefer. They are all yours, but if there is something specific you want now is the time to speak up. Amstel Light, Guinness cans, Harp, Mikes Lemonade, Miller Lite or High Life or Gen. Draft, Schlitz....

juro
05-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Holy Cow! I think that'll just about cover it, don't you Roop? ;-) I'll bring a 150 quart cooler filled with ice. I don't know how to thank you but I am sure we'll all come up with something!

striblue
05-12-2001, 08:36 PM
Juro, don't forget I will be replacing that bottle of scotch with the same brand since I think it is quite low being in Winchester all winter.