check out the price on these binoculars [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: check out the price on these binoculars

tomd
11-15-2000, 08:19 AM
when I was elk hunting, my guide used these binoculars... awsome, you didn't adjust for distance... they don't even have a knob for it... I can't explain how it works, but while I was fumbling to focus, he'd pull the glasses out and say, "nope it's a cow, or yup it's a bull" I'd still be spinning that stupid wheel. I know these are good quality and how could you beat the price! I've ordered both magnifications. It is weird , but I'm telling you these work beautifully, tho I'm baffled by how you can look at an object at 20 yds and 150yds and both are in focus without adjustment. Tom D
http://swfa.com/binoculars/jason/index.html

juro
11-16-2000, 06:26 PM
Wish they had pictures... sounds like a hot deal though!

tomd
11-16-2000, 08:31 PM
Juro, as soon as I get themI'll check them out to be sure they are the right ones. then I'll email you or anyone else digital photos I can take of them. Tom D

tomd
11-22-2000, 03:51 PM
Hi all, just to let you know, these are binoculars for use with eyeglasses on(they don't have the usual eyecups. these are very high quality glasses, but not the ones that don't need focusing(as I thought). but still an unbeleivable buy at $29.95 for anyone that uses eyeglasses all the time. I am giving a pair away, and keeping a pair for the day when I'll have my glasses on for more than reading... I'm not happy about that idea! Tom D

juro
11-22-2000, 06:36 PM
Here's the pic you sent me... good looking specs:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/binoc.jpg

I invariably wear sunglasses on Monomoy, etc. How do you think these will work over shades?

tomd
11-23-2000, 01:02 AM
hmmm, hadn't thought about it, I'll try it out and let you know

tomd
11-24-2000, 02:59 PM
ok, ?I tried em, and they seem to work fine, just not used to having the shades on and using binoculars. seemed hard to get both eyes on target fast. if you've used a riflescope it is on the same idea. once you have it right, the eye releif is perfect, so it must be unfamiliarity. Tom D