Chatham [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham

striblue
04-22-2001, 09:17 PM
I know it's only Sunday night but is anybody planning on being down the Cape this coming weekend. I will be down at CAC on Friday night and out about 4 AM Saturday to check some estuaries,particular around stage harbor... stop by Fishing the Cape and visit with Harry at Nauset Anglers. Let me kow. If my family does not come down ,and I will know early in the week, I can put up people.

juro
04-23-2001, 10:33 AM
John -

I am 99% sure I will be there Friday night and Saturday morning, but will need to get back Sat. pm. I didn't get the striper vibe when I took a few casts this past Sat, so I opted to sleep in and do the family brunch before driving home early yesterday. Didn't make a cast, that's gotta count for some brownie points to apply to next weekend ;-)

I already got the vibe for next weekend...

striblue
04-28-2001, 09:32 AM
I am at my place today... looked aound..no fishemen in the usual plces this morning..windy... I have my two sons down and thinking up bribes to have them help me scape and paint trim today... I will stop at nauset and visit Harry... boys want to surf nauset where new bars have formed... will report in at the end of the day..have rod will travel.(and paint)

admin
04-28-2001, 09:38 AM
John -

After looking at the water temps site that Bob Pink referred to me today, the thermal lines have receded south probably due to the northerly winds according to Bob, makes alot of sense. The only regret that I have for staying around to work on the new editor pages is that I can't help you take care of the Chatham Anglers Club HQ! I owe you for all the good times last year... and this year too I'd imagine.

Hope your boys come around and give dad a hand. If you see any birds and bait please let us know.

Bill
04-28-2001, 05:40 PM
John,

I'll be out in Orleans area early Sunday am. Painting the kitchen the rest of the day (ugh!). Will check for your report late Sat night. I'll report here Sunday.

Gotta check out your kayak rig one of these weekends.

Bill

striblue
04-28-2001, 06:15 PM
6:30 PM now ...drove to nauset and very windy.. no fishermen but birds everywhere.. scooping up somethingies that I could not tell... looked like small minnow type but to far to tell... Drove back to Bridge Street at Stage Harbor around 5 ..in coming and lots of bait in the water... left there and went to Bucks Creek and ran intoone of my local fishing partners.. Kermit Norris who was just looking as well and indicated that schoolies were there last evening at sun set. Well, I am back herebutwll take the rod tommorrow morning to Buck's creek. I was also told that Oyster pond was producing minimaly. Maybe I should take my Yak to Nickerson.. But will have to grab dinner this eve at the Squire. Bill, that's not much but let me know how you are doing.