CCA - Boston/MetroWest Chapter Presentation [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CCA - Boston/MetroWest Chapter Presentation

brendan
01-22-2001, 04:14 PM
CCA-Boston/MetroWest Chapter Meeting

Wednesday, January 24th
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: Stoller Room of the Brennan Library, Lasell College, Newton.

Capt. Rick Southgate, a well known Cape Ann fishing guide, fishing department manager for River's Edge Trading Company, and leader of Bonefish trips to the Bahamas, will tie flies and present a slide show about bonefishing in the Bahamas.

Non-members are invited. A donation of $5 is requested.

For Directions, contact: <bjo272@aol.com>

juro
01-23-2001, 11:22 AM
Thanks Brendan -

Barring unforseen circumstances I should be there.

regards,
Juro

Bob Pink
01-25-2001, 09:59 PM
FWIW,
I was one of a meager few that made it to Lasalle for Capt Southgate's presentation this week. He is a fine presenter, excellent slides and had a well paced presentation. He also took the time to do about a 30 minute bonefish fly-tying session which was nice.
A. If you get the chance to see Capt Southgate at another presentation and you have an interest in bonefish, don't miss it.
B. If CCA is going to be able to attract good speakers for the meetings, the CCA members are going to have to turn out and show support.
Nice topic Brendan

juro
01-25-2001, 10:59 PM
Brendan -

My apologies for being unable to show - I was right up the street finishing a document that I swore I would have done by morning and got home barely 90 minutes ago.

Please keep me informed and I'll not be so foolish as to make business commitments on CCA nights http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

regards,
Juro

jared
01-26-2001, 09:13 AM
If CCA were to do a better job informing the membership of
such presentations, they might HAVE a better turnout.

I have no idea how large the Boston/MetroWest Chapter is, nor
how many of those members have supplied their email addresses
to CCA -- but why not put together a group alias and simply
shoot an email 2 weeks prior to an event, 1 week prior to an
event, and then a reminder the day of?

--Jared

juro
01-26-2001, 10:07 AM
Brendan, I would also be happy to host an activities page or discussion area for CCA on the forum. I'd be happy to put upcoming events on the What's New links, etc. Let's talk at the clave.

jeffg
01-26-2001, 12:51 PM
Jared,
there is an email distribution for the Boston/Metrowest events, and Brendan has been very good about getting it out before events as well as posting on the various boards--send him your email address to get the reminders. There is a loose schedule/calander set up from now through May, and it looks pretty much like the fourth Wednesday of every month will be the monthly meeting.

Unfortunately, I did not make it either--torpedoed at the office.

I encourage anyone and everyone on the board to come--you don't have to be a member and no one will try to convert you from republican to democrat or vice a versa--I swear!

brendan
01-26-2001, 03:07 PM
Thank you one and all for your comments and suggestions. We take them seriously. And yes, we must do a better job in the area of communications.

If anyone would like to be included on the email list for the CCA-Boston/MetroWest Chapter, please let me know by reply email. Keep the evening of Friday, March 16th open for our annual banquet at the Burlington Marriott Hotel

- bjo'