Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boneclave - August 19, 20, 21 this year

3K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Yes, I apologize but we can only manage the Boneclave on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday this year. It's scheduled earlier to target bonito. Although we always get tunoids, we are usually late for the toothy green torpedoes so this year we'll shift the date forward.

Tell your wives and bosses that you're taking two days in August now!

Boneclave 2000 - <a href="http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/boneclave2000/bonejournal.htm" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/boneclave2000/bonejournal.htm</a><!--auto-->

Boneclave 1999 - <a href="http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/froms101/journal.htm" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/froms101/journal.htm</a><!--auto-->

See less See more
#7 ·
OK - Terry...

You must have missed the recent discussions to put the "bonito" into the boneclave by targeting that week.

Since you seem to think about that political stuff a lot, and because I am not married to that date...

Would you take the reins on Boneclave this year? I will assist you in any way I can... except set or reserve the dates.

#8 ·
I did a search for "Bone" in the board's past threads and no I didn't miss any thread re: "recent discussions to put the "bonito" into the boneclave by targeting that week.." Could you clarify? I remember some discussions about that last year.
As far as taking the reins? Too early. Me thinks, worry about making a good Spring Clave first. And keep it simple.
As for: "think about that political stuff a lot" I guess I do. I'll stop now before I get all sentimental about the pre Dec. 1st days.

Terry

#9 ·
FYI, the way the Waquoit Bay reservations work is that they only take reservations 6 mos in advance and they book almost as fast as they become available. I thought you might have remembered the drill from last year. By booking this "late" I missed the boat even though I think I might have been the first one to remember this year (didn't hear anyone mention it). When I suddenly thought of it and called this morning from the office, all weekends were already booked thru September 22nd. I grabbed a Sunday at what I thought represented the general concensus to get bones into the boneclave.

As far as relative timing to the spring clave, the fact is NOW is already too late for a weekend reservation on Washburn. If anything I regret that I forgot to think of it sooner.

As far as what you call the pre-Dec look and feel, I'm not sure I know exactly what that was but I honestly think this years going to be a lot better than last. The season hasn't even started in the northeast and between Sully's tying clave and the Dave and Todd's casting clave the pre-season has been out of sight!

If the comment was referring to the fund-raising efforts, they have sure made it better on my family budget! The effect of keeping it running without funding would have been to shut the site down, in other words it was the only way to keep it running. Once again, I am open to suggestions on other ways to perpetuate the forum, but they have to be tangible suggestions not just comments.

#16 ·
FYI -

Received confirmation that we indeed have the group site for this time period from the Commonwealth of MA. Sorry if I was unable to go thru the customary collaborations before grabbing these dates. The way the process works the weekends book 6 months in advance (often to the day) and the Fridays and Mondays soon follow. I will scan their nice brochure as the time approaches.

#18 ·
When it comes to Washburn, even in April - if ya' snooze you lose. Very slim pickins' by the time I called.

Anyway, hope to see those who can't make it during the spring clave, the monomoy madness, the rip trip, the rhodyfest, big girl...

#23 ·
While its a bit early to write this in stone.
(wife is having serious dental work this summer) I would be willing to providing yard space for a tent or two and/or floor space to for those that would like to get an early start and fish saturday. I'll let you know if this can happen as the time approaches.

#26 ·
Just wanted to mention that we would not want to inconvenience your wife in any way (first and foremost) and although your offer is very generous her comfort is our concern too and we would never impose under those circumstances. In any event I hope you are going to keep your Boneclave streak going!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.