Whatever Happened With The Two-Hander? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Whatever Happened With The Two-Hander?

JayH
08-15-2000, 06:57 AM
Hi guys.

I've been watching the board and searching the archives to try and find out what happened with the two-hander project? I thought the coast would be jammed with two-handed fly rods by now.

What happened?

Jay

PS Sorry about the, " None," this was me, ( Jay Horton.)

juro
08-15-2000, 10:02 AM
Hey Jay (alias none) -

The season happened! This being the year of Monomoy, I haven't used the two hander much but as the outer beach season begins it will be the only rod I use. The modified euro 12' casts a 12wt intermediate line (the whole line) albeit not with total consistency yet, even caught it on a home video tape. Smitty's going to British COlumbia but when he gets back the rest of the rod work will be done for the back beach season. In fact the Outer Limits Clave will be focused around two-handed rods. Hope you can make it BTW.

OK - How about you? What's your status?

JayH
08-15-2000, 11:44 AM
Moving to the Cape permanently on August 29.

I love the two-handed rods so much, I can barely bring myself to fish the shore without one.

What a lousy season for both weather and fishing up this way!

My season will begin in earnest in September, and hopefully last through Novenber.

Has anyone else taken the plunge to a two-hander yet?

Jay

marvin
08-16-2000, 12:48 PM
Mine's about halfway wrapped at the moment- with any luck it will be finished soon.... Juro, can you get in touch with me about what you're thinking re reel seat placement?