Weather concern for rip trip 8-12-00? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weather concern for rip trip 8-12-00?

08-11-2000, 03:15 PM
Hey juro,

At what time will we know if the rip trip is canceled do to weather? I am driving down to the cape from worcester, leaving around 2:00 / 4:00 am , will I know before then?
Will there be any fishing if the trip is canceled?


08-11-2000, 04:23 PM
Weather should be excellent according to the forecast I read. Cloudiness is good for fishing and the possibility of light showers is only for the early morning period. We should get some sunshine by mid-day. I think the wind direction should favor our casting from the place we fished last time. The Rip Ryder boat can probably handle 2-4ft waves okay. I prefer cool to hot. I'm traveling about the same, leaving from the heart of Boston (Fenway area) at around 3am. Last time I left at 4am and it was a bit too late because I had to speed to get to the causeway on time. I barely missed a speeding ticket. And oh yes, good luck dogding the evening drunks on the freeways. See you there.

Charles Whitehurst

08-11-2000, 04:32 PM
I've got a call into Keith. I am not concerned with the current forecast but a confirmation from Keith would be nice to have.

check later,

08-11-2000, 08:34 PM
dOh! Please see the cancellation post!