South Island Charter - New DATES [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Island Charter - New DATES

07-12-2000, 10:23 PM
(Let's try it again...)

South Monomoy Point Excursion
It's now time to commit to your interest in the South Monomoy Trip.

<font color="ff0000"><b>NEW</font><!--color--></b> Proposed Date <b>July 29nd</b>, Weather alternate <b>July 30th</b>.

We will need to be at the refuge lot by 6:30, the boat will leave at 7:00 am sharp - no time to wait for preparation on this trip. Return will be approximately 4:30 pm, after the last 4pm run from the local spots is complete. Expect to be back at the parking lot at 5:00 - 5:30 pm.

The initial deposit will be $30, for a minimum enrollment of ten people. The charter costs $300 so the $30 will become your share of the fee given ten people. If we get two more, everyone will be refunded the difference ($5).


1) Once you commit, you will be expected to provide your share of the cost... even if you can't make it. Of course every effort will be made to accomodate everyone in the most fair and equitable manner but those who commit should not expect to pay more than $30 per head even if people back out.
2) Bringing coolers and stuff will be a good idea, no one to hassle us out there. See earlier Monomoy Clave posts for great info on what to bring.
3) Safety via 2way devices and cell phones recommended, there will be lots of boats within an arms wave away in case of emergency (although no one else on shore)

Reply to this thread only if you are committing to pay $30 to participate in this excursion.

If we are unable to get ten people we can either increase the per person share or discuss another date on the other existing thread. We are already tentatively at quorum. Thank you for not replying to this unless you are ready to provide the $30 deposit.

07-13-2000, 09:19 AM
Both of the Estey Bros. are in.

07-13-2000, 10:01 AM
That's four with me and JOhn Morin.

i'm so outta here
07-13-2000, 11:06 AM
&lt;sigh&gt; I'm in.... here's hoping I can break my Monomoy jinx (one runty little bass is all I've caught this year on Monomoy, but what the hell, I'm a glutton for punishment


07-18-2000, 10:25 AM
I'm in. I'll be staying at Bass River for a long weekend with family.


07-18-2000, 07:57 PM
I'm in.

My brother in law, Pete, is tentatively in. He will know definitely this weekend.


07-18-2000, 08:48 PM
Quorum is just about NAILED... we only need two more to reach the $30 mark. With all the squid lately I think we might have a shot at shore blitzes in the rips, and who knows... maybe a bonito or two in the area.

Thanks and I look forward to the adventure ahead. Keep those signups going!

07-19-2000, 09:47 AM
Big Cat on board.

07-21-2000, 08:30 PM
WE NEED TWO MORE TO get the cost per head down to $30.


We can take up to four more, which gets the cost down even more.

<font size="1">BTW - would everyone be willing to bear the additional cost per person of 7.50? I am still campaigning but I thought I'd ask.</font><!--1-->

07-23-2000, 07:37 PM
Dave -

Didn't get to talk to you due to the lightning recall Saturday! If you're in please post to confirm.

With all the bait, birds and fish off Monomoy rips lately, there is at least a good chance we will have some success.

Fingers crossed,


07-23-2000, 08:33 PM

Just checking in to say that I'll be making the trip. I already emailed Juro and informed him of my interest etc....this will be my first Monomoy trip.....I'm PSYCHED!

07-24-2000, 12:06 PM

Twelve people have been reached... this is the limit and the sign up will be closed until each person is confirmed. Once again, please be aware that a sign up is a commitment to the rest of the individuals and Keith. You might be asked to pay the fare even if you can't make it.

Alternate rain date is Sunday the 30th. I will ask Rip Ryder how much advance notice we can rely on for this information.

Current cost per angler is $25.00 per person.

More to come...

Chris Mountain
Craig Miller
Dave Pearson
Charles Whitehurst
John Marotta
Jeff Roop
Al Deluca
Terry Weir
John Morin
Juro Mukai
Gregg Estey
Mike Estey

07-24-2000, 06:17 PM
Juro - Thanks for calling, saw the final signup sheet, very happy to be on it. Real stoked about the adventure at hand.


Got Confirmation from Craig M. too.

07-25-2000, 08:39 AM
The Estey Bros. are confirming!

Can't wait,


i'm so outta here
07-25-2000, 09:29 AM
confirmed! (no wining this time

07-25-2000, 09:35 AM
Ooops, didn't realize we needed to confirm here. I'm still in and confirmed.


07-25-2000, 10:55 AM
Can someone please give directions to the Rip Ryder parking lot?

07-25-2000, 10:55 AM

If anyone needs to bag-out & doesn't want to loose their $$, let me know, I can fill in. I've been very busy lately, so I could not commit. But my roof is done, truck is out of the shop, broken rod is repaired, etc. Boy, I've had a run of Murphy's Law going. Now I just have a Stomach bug, but I assume it will have cleared up by Saturday.

If nobody bads-out, I'm taking Recommendations for this weekend. I took my boat out of PI this past Sunday & it was a complete ZOO out there. Every A-hole & there brother was on the Merrimack. I hear that the Greenies are getting bad, so I may want to avoid Cranes. I haven't tried Hallibut Point yet. If my boat was down The Cape I'd consider a Sesuit run. Outer beaches is an option, but the reports have not been great. Maybe Hawkeye could send me some directions for the North River area? Those reports have looked very promising. Well if I don't see you guys, good luck & be careful. GregO.