Point Rip Trip This Weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Point Rip Trip This Weekend?

09-18-2000, 10:39 AM
Anyone up for a lip ripper this weekend? Albies are in the rips now too.

You know the rules, if you are among the first ten to respond you are expected to pay $30 whether you go or not unless the boat cancels due to weather or mechanical problems -or- someone takes your place.

6:30 am at the refuge.

09-18-2000, 11:10 AM
I'll bite - I'm in. But somehow I sense the weather will not cooperate (reverse anticipation - maybe it'll work).

Fred A.

09-18-2000, 11:27 AM
I'm in for a Sunday trip.

Signing up for Craig too.

09-18-2000, 11:40 AM
Sunday works for me.

09-18-2000, 12:12 PM

Yes i'm in Sat. or Sun. Dave had me in for Sun, but Sat is good for me to.


09-18-2000, 01:04 PM
In, either day.

Let me know.


09-18-2000, 01:47 PM
Count me in!!!!!
Preferably Sun. vs. Sat.
(This time I'll remind myself to tie MUCH larger flies!!)

i'm so outta here
09-18-2000, 03:04 PM
Count me in for Sunday. Jen is a maybe (depends on baby sitter).

I'm doin' the Gordon-stay-away chant.

09-18-2000, 03:19 PM
I'm In, either day.

I had tentative plans to take my dad out on the boat in B-Bay to try to scare up some exotics. But I can do that whichever day the rip trip IS NOT! (Yes, I even confused myself!)

09-18-2000, 06:56 PM
Well, I can't get down this weekend so I'm out but I am planning on being down in Chatham Octber 7 & 8 and maybe the Saturday or Sunday before, so if the decision is not to do the trip this weekend I would be available probably next time.

i'm so outta here
09-18-2000, 07:47 PM
Hmmm.... to Bone or not to Bone.... that <i>is</i> the question. Whether tis better in the arm to suffer the blistering scream of drag or the outrageous runs of pigs in the rip and be overcome by it.

Well, Hamlet couldn't decide and neither can I. We have a baby sitter for Sunday and Jen is psyched to catch her first fish on the fly rod be it a speedster or pig. Hmmmmm.....I think I'm leaning toward Yakbone III.

I have a hunch the fish are near Bass River right now.....??

09-19-2000, 10:52 AM
Can only do a Saturday (it bewilders me that you continuously pick every weekend that I can't do a Sunday

Is there a "Saturday only" waitlist type deal?

09-19-2000, 08:51 PM

Mike - Saturday I'm busy but there are always folks out for a serious flyfishing session in this crowd. Start a thread and see who bites!

October 7&8 - Being Jeff's Jamboree weekend, it sounds like there will be quite a few anglers on the outer beach afternoon shift. I hope we can hook up prior to the barbeque, either the lighthouse, Morris, or even a short shuttle to Monomoy. Have a good weekend up north John.

Weather - Presumably Gordon's aftermath is going to pass us tonight and tomorrow. Seas may be another story though but my gut feel is Gordon has blown it's load already.

I've already got an email and a call into Rip Ryder... I'm sure if there's a chance to get out there Keith will have us on board. Hope to talk direct tomorrow.

09-20-2000, 08:58 AM

Am I correct in assuming that whatever we do (Rip or Tunoids) will be Sunday not Saturday? I want to make definate plans with my dad to fish B-Bay on one of the weekend days & I want to know which one? Thanks.

09-20-2000, 11:52 AM
I can't speak for the readership but I am tied up Saturday. I asked Keith if Sunday was in the cards for the point rip, still waiting to hear.

The way to go is plan for a point rip run, but have a very good backup plan in the event it gets nixed by weather or other circumstances.

So, rip trip is a go Sunday.

If cancelled:

We'll take advantage of all the open parking in tunoid territory and do a Yakbone outing. If the southside's a mess, then we'll have the bayside wide open and there have been tons of fish from Sandwich to Brewster (and probably further) inside the hook. That's the beauty of the cape!

09-20-2000, 12:12 PM
I have Sunday off and ready to rip some lipshttp://

09-20-2000, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a plan!

09-20-2000, 01:13 PM
Not too sure where 'point rip' is, but we stopped to fish off the southern tip of Monomoy on the way in yesterday. Not a thing. Fished right up against shore and then checked out a few favorite spots on Handkerchief shoal. Not a single breaking pod, and not a schoolie in sight.

09-20-2000, 01:49 PM
Sorry, can't make the Rip Tip this Sunday. Will try to steal a few hours for morning fishing (wet line equals sanity); entire day is not in the cards.

J - Let me know if I remain on the hook for the 30 beans, per your sign up rules.