Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flies ship tomorrow!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Willie Gunn 
#1 ·
Since I decided to tie a set for each swapper the mailout has been delayed, in fact I would have been done sooner if my wife's dog didn't eat a whole neck and a lot of deer hair, not to mention two black rats he chewed but did not swallow (will withold further comments on that).

Anyway, they are DONE and will be packaged and shipped out tomorrow on the way to work. Didn't have time to pack them this morning because I had to re-tie the chewed up flies!

#3 ·
Glad you're <g> cause I wasn't. Those feathers for the sedge muddler wings are hard to find.

Hmmm.... let's see - I called the swap in December, got the first in January, got the last batch in May and will get them out in June...

I'd say I'm not doin' too bad with my 27 flies going into the swap! :p

#4 ·
I'm grinnin with you - sometimes that's all you can do when stuff like that happens.

I'm sure you know the Murph-ism " No good deed goes Unpunished"?

Anyway, if you're tying the fly I think you are, then the wait will be worth it and we'll all have occasion to toast you on the upper/middle Sky this summer. The fly I'm remembering was quite the killer a couple seasons back?

#6 ·
Whoops! didn't mean to set expectations, compared the the flies that people sent in they are pretty shabby! All I can say is that they have caught fish. Workmanship is a little rusty from tying all those 8" striper flies. Had to re-learn what dubbing, spinning, and all that. Eyes must be going, they say that's the second thing that goes in a man and I can't remember the first...

Anyway it was great to check out all those killer flies and I'm sure you will all love the package you get thanks to those who participated.

#7 ·
Yer a champ, Juro!

Just got my flies--hooooooo-ahhhhhh! Now I can go fishin'! Thanks for all the trouble putting this together.

A note for Andre--your hook-keeper tube isn't tied in but doesn't come off the main tube. Did you use a glue or is it a friction mount?

#8 ·
Sir Salmon!

Simple a friction fit. I'm having a struggle not only with time but tying "pretty" summer flies on tubes. Not the Big T monsters just low water pretties! I'll look around for unsued tubing it I have and left I snail mail you sample of what I used.

#9 ·
summer tubes

Thanks Andre!

We've been experimenting with smaller summer dressings on smaller tubes. I've been able to get access to handfulls of small WD-40-type clear plastic nozzles (a fellow at a local service department "borrows" them for me) that I'm going to use for low water wets and smaller dries for my Dean trip in August. From another source I have some small diameter vinyl IV tubing that will hold smaller hooks like the new Tiemco 2499SP "super points." What I want to find out is a) will those small WD-40 tubes be durable enough for steelhead fishing, and b) will those smaller SP hooks (#10, for example) hold a steelhead. I figure the Dean is as good a place as any to find out. If you email me your snailmail address I'll send you some small tubes and a few sample flies once I twist a few more up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.