Fly Fishing Forum banner

Moore's Island, Abaco

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mdbones 
#1 ·
Has anyone fished Moore's Island off Abaco? How do you get there, boat or plane? What about accomodations? Are the flats wadable or is a boat required? I'm not against hiring a guide but I like to knock around on my own as well.

#2 ·
Moores Island

Fished Moores a couple of different times a number of years ago - I don't recall any lodging on the Island itself but I do know that they kept referring to a town or settlement called Hard Bargain (it might have been more of fishing camp) - a quick view on Google earth would indicate whether or not homes exist on the Island).

We based out of Sandy Point and used the local guides to fish Mores as well as the areas surrounding Sandy Point. I would consider my self a pretty hardcore DIYer - but was not able to do any while basing out of SP - my impression was that there was not a ton of DIY opportunity on that part of the Island

To be honest - I would not make a trip just to fish Moore's, fishing was not bad but not legendary either. Now the fishing on the Cay's off the North end of Abaco running towards Walkers Cay (Strangers, Carters, Great Sale etc was legendary....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.